Chapter 52

"Scooter will see you now." His assistant said.

Nathan stood up and headed into his office. He was surprised to see a young woman sitting in the office also waiting. She looked very familiar to him.

"Hello." He said.

She smiled at him. "Nathan Sykes."

He blushed. "You know me?"

She giggled. "Of course. You are 1/5 of the Wanted and also ½ of Jaythan."

He blushed.

She stood up to shake his hand. "My name is....."

"Ariana Grande." I knew you looked familiar.

It was her turn to blush.

"I see you two have already gotten acquainted." Scooter said then sat down.

Scooter proceeded to tell them about the Mortal Instruments Soundtrack and the song. They were both very excited to sing a duet together.

"I have booked some studio time tomorrow in the morning."

Nathan raised his eyebrow at Scooter. "Aw mate, come on. You know me and mornings."

Scooter laughed. "Suck it up Sykes. A car will pick you up at 8am!"

"Brilliant." He said sarcastically.

Ariana giggled.

As they left the office, they talked about the song, as they looked it over. "Hey, do you want to get some dinner and talk more?" she asked sweetly.

Nathan agreed. Anything he could do to keep busy from missing and thinking about Jay was good. "I can't wait to tell Jay about this."

Ariana smiled. "You two are adorable you know."

Nathan blushed. "Yeah?"

She nodded. "Oh my god it is so hot."

He blushed an even darker shade of red. "Thank you."

"I just broke up with my boyfriend so I am trying not to hate on all relationships. Yours gives me hope though." She confessed.

He hugged her. "You will be fine."

She smiled. "Thank you."

After dinner, he went back to his hotel room and took a shower. When he got out he dried off and put on a pair of royal blue briefs with a white waste band. He crawled into bed and turned the TV on.

He glanced over at the clock. It was 8pm. He was so jet lagged and tired. It was around 1am in London. He had heard from Jay off and on during the evening through text. He promised he would call when he came home from the pub.

Maybe he passed out, Nathan thought to himself. His eyes were getting heavy. He grabbed his phone and placed it on the pillow near his ear. He turned off the light and cuddled up to a pillow.

He felt empty and missed Jay so badly it hurt. A few tears trickled down his cheeks. Just then his phone began to ring.

Bird Calling

Nathan quickly picked it up.

"Babbbby." Nathan said in a tired voice.

"Hi love."

Nathan frowned. "Come over."

"Awww. I wish."

"Are you drunk?"

Jay laughed. "I am a bit buzzed, but no not drunk."

Jay heard Nathan sniffling softly. "Aw Nath, don't cry, you'll make me cry."