Chapter 23

Rico was at his college trying to get in some early morning practice when his phone buzzed. He smiled when he saw it was from Nath.

Text from Nath: Mornin' sexy

Rico quickly typed back.

Text from Rico: Hey cutie, how did you sleep?

Text from Nath: Not so great. Can you cheer me up?

Rico smiled then sent him a picture file.

Text from Rico: Image attachment file

Nathan decided to ring him. After one ring, Rico picked up.

"Wow what a surprise." Rico said after he picked up the phone.

"That pic is....wow. Was that a professional photo shoot?"

"Yeah. I used them to get my current job at the bar." He explained.

"Oh got it mate. No wonder you got the job, shit."

Rico chuckled into the phone.

"So, what are you up to this morning?" Nathan asked.

"Well....hold on a second." He said to Nathan then turned to a classmate. "No not that one I am in the middle of tuning it." He said then resumed his call with Nate. "Sorry."

"What are you tuning?"

"My guitar."

Nathan was impressed. "Oh I didn't know you played."

"Yeah that is where I am actually. I'm at school practicing." He explained.

"Can I come watch?"

Rico felt nervous. "Ugh I dunno. You would want to do that?"

Nathan smiled. "Yeah I am dying to see you anyhow."

"Okay, do you need me to come get you?" Rico asked kindly.

"No, I'll take a cab. See you soon."

Rico hung up his phone and smiled. He then went back over tuning his guitar.

One of his favorite songs to play after tuning his guitar was 'More Than Words' by Extreme. It had special meaning to him. He sat on a stool and began to play. He stopped after a few notes to sound of his phone buzzing.

Text from Nath: I'm here where should I go?

Text from Rico: Go in the front. I am in the first choral room on the right after the main office. Xoxox

He resumed playing. He smiled at how good his guitar sounded. He was pretty proud of himself.

Saying I love you

Is not the words I want to hear from you

It's not that I want you

Rico smiled when he saw Nathan walk into the room. He looked absolutely adorable in a tight black sweater and jeans. He also was sporting dark black glasses, which were sexy as hell.

He smiled at Rico and walked over to him and sat on a stool next to him

Not to say, but if you only knew

How easy it would be to show me how you feel

Of course Nathan was going to sing with him. He, of course, knew the song well. He began to harmonize with Rico causing him to smile wide.

More than words is all you have to do to make it real

Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me

Cos I'd already know

The two of them sang the rest of the song together. At the end of the song Rico nodded at him. Nathan leaned over and kissed his lips softly.

"You are awesome by the way." Nathan said.

Rico blushed. "I'm alright I guess still learning." He said then put the guitar down and leaned it against the wall. "You, on the other hand. Wow."

Nathan smiled. "I love that song."

Rico nodded. "Me too. It's a little bitter sweet."

Nathan looked intrigued. "Oh yea?"

Rico nodded with a sad look in his eyes. "How about I tell you over coffee?"

Nathan smiled. "I'd like that."