Chapter 70

Jay needed some air. He walked outside of the studio and sat against the wall on the concrete.

A few minutes later, Nathan popped his head out of the backdoor. When he saw Jay sitting, he walked over to him. He didn't say anything and sat beside him.

Jay gave him a small smile. "How did the vocal go?"

Nathan shrugged. "Eh. I can do better. I just needed a break plus Tom hasn't done anything yet and Scooter is getting pissed."

Jay let out a small laugh.

Nathan put his arm around Jay and rubbed his shoulder. "I missed you in there."

"I just needed some air. It can get crowded in there."

Nathan nodded. "I know, but....I also know when you are overthinking about something."

Jay loved and hated that he knew him so well. "I like to think."

"Nothing wrong with that. I just don't like to see you worried."

Jay turned to him. "I look worried to you?"

Nathan smirked at him. "Come on mate, how long have I known you now?"

Jay nodded. "Fair enough. I guess I am just wondering if I got you the right gifts for your birthday."

Nathan smiled. "Gifts plural?"

"Don't look so surprised."

Nathan rested his head on Jay's shoulder. "You didn't have to do that."

"You deserve it."

Nathan looked confused. "Why do you say things like that for?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, why do I deserve it? It's not like I solved global warming or created world peace."

Jay turned towards him and Nath lifted his head to look at him. "Ok looks like you need a little bit of truth here." He said. "You are a special person Nath. You are so kind to others and loving to so many people. You never say anything bad about anyone and you work your sexy little ass off."

Nathan was blushing a nice deep shade of red. He had heard similar things like that about himself, but never all at once in such a serious way from someone he loved. "Wow, that is some hardcore truth I suppose."

Jay kissed his forehead. "All true. Every word. So, like I said, you deserve everything you get." He said then kissed him softly on the lips.

He was going to pull away, but Nathan continued the kiss. Jay was certainly not going to fight it. He lifted his hand and caressed Nathan's cheek with his thumb as they kissed.

"Oh for fuck's sake. Get a bloody room." Tom said, stepping outside for a smoke.

Jay pulled away to look over at the door. "To be fair, we did get a room, one with a nice view. You just entered without knocking."

Nathan shook his head. "Oh and what are you doing smoking?!" he said then jumped up.

"Oh piss off baby Nath. I need it."

Nathan shook his head then headed towards the door. "Come back in soon okay bird?"

Jay nodded. "Be in soon." He said then stood up.

Tom walked over to him. "Hey, I heard what Max was saying to you."

Jay pulled his hood over his head and put his hands in his pocket. "If you are going to say the same thing, I really don't need to hear it Tom."

Tom shook his head. "Fuck no. I was going to say, don't listen to that rubbish. He doesn't know what he is talking about. He got serious when he was young and it didn't' work out for him. Maybe he is bitter."