Chapter 28

"Okay, remember I warned you." Rico said before he opened the door to his flat.

Nathan hugged him from behind and rested his chin on Rico's shoulder. "Open the bloody door already."

Rico laughed and opened the door. "Ta da!"

Nathan glanced around the flat. He wasn't kidding. It was pretty small. Everything was in one room like a studio apartment. The couch was on the left and the bed was up by the window. To the right there was a small kitchen and a wooden dining room table.

A small bathroom was on the left. There was a small kitchen on the left with a counter and two stools.

"I think it's brilliant." Nathan said as he continued to scan the room.

Rico shook his head. "Well, it's home, for now anyway."

"Planning on leaving London?"

Rico shrugged. "I really don't know. Depends on what happens after school. "

Nathan nodded.

"Make yourself at home. I'm gonna make that drink for you okay?"

Nathan walked into the room and glanced at the paintings on the wall. He smiled at the sheet music on the floor near one of the three guitars that were in the apartment. He saw a case by the bookshelf.

"Do you play the violin?"

"Yes don't judge me man." He said from the kitchen.

"I'm not. I think that is awesome."  He said then began glancing at the books in the shelf.

There were muscle and fitness books, anthologies of famous musicians such as the Beatles, the rolling stones and the Doors.

A book stood out to Nathan. It was titled, 'Not Gay Not Straight". There were a few books in that area. 'The Art of the Bisexual Man' and 'Bi Guy'.

There was a colorful flyer sticking out of the books. Nathan pulled it out to read it. It was an open mic night down at a local pub in support of the Gay community. Calling all gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual and anyone else different from the "norm".  They were calling for poets, musicians, singers and/or artists who wanted to support the community. He wondered if Rico was going to be performing at this gig tomorrow night. If so, he definitely wanted to be there.

His eyes lit up with an idea. "Hey Rico?" he called out then headed towards the kitchen.

He was pouring apple martinis into glasses. "What's up sexy?"

"Are you going to this?" he asked holding up the flyer.

Rico smiled. "Actually, I helped organize it." He said proudly.

Nathan was impressed. "Really?"

He nodded and handed Nathan one of the martinis. "Yeah, I am pretty involved in all of that. I mean look at your buddy Jay. He could use some support no?"

Nathan did not want to think about Jay, but that was difficult. "Yes he could."

They clinked glasses and took a sip. "Any good?"

"It pays going out with a bartender."

Rico chuckled. "Yes it does baby." He said with a wink then took another sip.

"I'd like to go." Nathan said then held up the flyer. "To this. Would that be alright?"

Rico's eyes widened. "Really?"

Nathan nodded.

"Any chance you'd grace us with a little of the golden voice?"

Nathan smiled. "I thought you'd never ask. I've actually been working on something for a while now. Will there be a piano or a keyboard?"