Chapter 44

At the pub, the boys had a special VIP section on the second floor, where they could drink and relax before the show.

Currently, there was a bluegrass band that was playing on stage. The boys, along with some of their friends and family who had arrived early, were drinking and relaxing.

Nathan was sitting at the bar answering some of his missed text messages.

Jay had tons of family and friends coming to this show, so he was off mingling and reuniting with them. Nathan couldn't help but look over occasionally to watch Jay. He had meant what he said about waiting for Jay to be ready, but there was a huge part of him that wanted to tell the world.

For instance, on a night like tonight, he could be by Jay's side being introduced to his family and friends as his boyfriend. Just thinking about that made him ache for the real thing, but he knew his heart would hurt more without Jay in his life.

He could even stand by and be his friend if it meant Jay was in his life. Although, that would hurt like nothing he had ever felt before, he loved him as a person.

"Lost in thoughts of Jay." Siva said quietly into Nathan's ear as he sat down on the stool beside him.

Nathan blushed. "Is it that obvious?"

Siva chuckled. "It is only cause I know mate. It is very sweet though."

"Thanks a lot." Nathan said sarcastically.

Siva smiled widely. "You get that goofy look on your face."

Nathan looked embarrassed. "What goofy look?!"

Siva demonstrated it to Nathan, causing him to shake his head.

"Oh get out."

"I know the look mate. There is only one other time you get that look on your face."

Nathan pressed his lisp together. Oh this should be good, he thought to himself. "Oh yeah? When is that?"

"When you are up there." He said pointing to the stage.

Nathan smiled warmly.

Siva ruffled his hair then ordered another beer.

Nathan glanced over at Jay and his heart sank because Jay was looking at him. Jay smiled and winked at him from across the room.

His heart began to beat really fast. He felt Siva's eyes on him. He turned his head to face him. "I have the look on my face don't I?"

Siva burst out laughing. "It is adorable mate. I'm just sayin."

Nathan shoved him. "Bastard."

"What is adorable!" Tom said loudly as he approached them at the bar.

"Your ass in those jeans." Nathan teased.

Tom spanked his own ass. "I do have a nice ass don't I?"

"Along with a big ego." Siva added.

Tom hit him on the head. "Fuck off Seev." He teased.

"Ow that hurt."

"Quit being so soft." Tom said then ordered a beer. "How are you baby Nath?"

"I'm good mate. Just can't wait to get down there." He said referring to the stage.

"Me too." He said then gave Nath a big long kiss on the top of the head. He then ran over to Max and some friends.

"He's levered already mate."

Siva laughed. "What else is knew."

Nathan felt his phone buzz. It was Rico. They hadn't spoken in a while.