Chapter 52

A/N: thank you to all that commented last chapter! Your comments were amazing and made me smile! XX

Niall

Seeing the broadcast on the news about them two going down brightened up my world so much. Now Harry can go on with his life without his ex trying to mess him over. And the public now know all that has happened and what they have been hearing has only been half truths. Daniel is no longer having to be put in the middle of their shit. His mum is now making sure she is off in time to get him to his games and practices. Seeing a whole new kid that's for sure. A smiling happy boy. Them two idiots were messing with so many lives it was pathetic. The little league season is nearly over. I guess it doesn't last very long. They won some games and lost some as well. But as i told them, have fun on that field. Play your hearts out but have fun. Winning is great, but it's not everything. If you lose heart for the game because it becomes too serious then it is no longer fun and entertaining. They are too young to be thrown into the world of 'Winning is everything' or 'if you can't win for your team then why you playing'. They're at the age where they need to see the fun side of being on that field and learning the basics and how to play. They can learn the seriousness later on. But with the season ending I am back where I began. Wondering what I am going to do. I am visiting the kids at the hospital, especially Naomi. All the kids need visitors and a bit of hope that all will be fine. But she is the one I have been pulled to, per sey. She's the one with very little visitors. No parents. So, my attention has been on her a lot lately. She told me recently that her and her dad would watch the Rover's games all the time. Every time we played, they would be watching and cheering us on. Said that he brought her to nearly all our games. Louis and I being her favorite. That got me thinking of what we could do to make her days at the hospital and deal with life a bit easier. Which brings me to where I am now.

After that wonderful game and the Rover's win, their season has now come to an end as well. But they will still continue to practice. The coach has asked me if I would like to be a part of the team again by helping them practice. Work on their fundamentals, etc. Especially with the up coming players we are getting. Of course I said yes, I would love to.

"Great practice everyone!", I shouted out at the team. "We won championship!", I said causing the locker room to be filled with loud cheers and whistling. "But I have some other news to bring to you today. As you guys know I have been going to the hospital and visiting with the children there in the childrens wing. Sharing my story with them and how I have found hope for a better day. I want to show them that no matter their circumstance they can still live life despite their 'disability' of whatever they have had to face. But there is this one little girl that has stolen my heart. She is five years old. Cutest, brightest little girl I have ever met in my life. However, she is a survivor of a house fire. She is dealing with severe burns on the right side of her body. May even lose sight completely in her right eye. She has also lost both her parents in this fire", I explain. My voice getting shakey at the end. I hear a few gasp or let out an ' Oh Dear God' or 'Poor little girl' as I continued to explain her situation. "She has made it known that she is a big fan of ours. Her an her dad spent a lot of time watching us..on the telly and at our field. She knows us all by name and which name belongs to who. What I would like to do is all of us go and surprise her with a visit. Maybe even give her an autographed footie ball, if that's okay with Coach", I say looking at the coach for approval. I get a lot of 'hell yeah' from the team and a teary eyed nod of approval from the coach. "Alright I will get it set up and let you lads know when we will be doing this", I say then excusing myself so they can get showered and changed.

About a week later I have it set up. The coordinator over the childrens unit thought it would be a great idea, but had some rules we had to follow.