44. The Millennium Trial

Marie Pov

"Very well, let you all show the new Pharaoh and future queen of Egypt your power's." Shimon said.

"Commence with the millennium trial of this mans soul!" Seth ordered the other priest.

"A millennium trial?" Yami and I asked confused.

"Yes you're highness's, with a position of great power often comes great danger." Shimon explained.

"Don't be alarmed Pharaoh." Isis said.

"We are the members of the sacred court, are her to ensure your safety at all cost." Aknadin assured.

Seth said, "Thou shall now we judged by the dark magic of the 8 millennium items!"

'What does he plan to do?' Yami thought.

"Shada will start." Seth said as the man who looks similar to Shadi came forth of the intruder.

"Now with the power of millennium key, I shall read your mind." Shada said as he showed the millennium key to the intruder as he began to read his mind that shows the evil inside of him.

Next in Aknadin who had the millennium eye that extracts the being of the creature within inside of him. As he used his millennium item to force the creature out of the man I gripped Yami's clothing as he held me in a comforting matter of the monster being shown upon me.

"What's happening to him?" He asked.

Shimo said, "The millennium items have detected a shadow creature dwelling in the heart of this criminal."

"So the millennium priest's use these tablets to seal these monsters from escaping with the help they're millennium items." He added.

'Could those be the same tablets from my visions?' Yami thought.

"Master Seto! Call upon the power of the millennium rod and seal the fate of this shadow beast!" Aknadin ordered.

"Right. A creature from the realm of darkness has no place in this kingdom! Now, Millennium Rod,relinquish this beast! I beseech thee!" He order the monster to be place in the tablet as the trial was over.

'Wait, can this be the origin of duel monsters!?' Yami and I thought.

"Now that the court is over we shall now let this man go free." Aknadin orders.

"Hold on. If I am not mistaken, Mahad, palace security is your responsibility." Seth said.

"You're right. Please accept my apologies, Pharaoh and princess. The millennium ring has been acting very strange as after-" 

"Uh, no harm done Mahad. Please secure all securities around the palace for our safety." Yami said.

"Now store that tablet in the palace sanctuary." Seth demanded the servants as they carried the tablet somewhere away from us.

Yami sighs as I smiled in relief finally glad that's over with. Or so I thought...

"Pharaoh, might I suggest that we should move on and continue the coronation festivities?" Shimon asked.

"What!? We were almost attacked!" Yami protested.

"True. However, if your loyal follower's sense your fear,  they too, will feel unsafe. The best way to do it with merriment and laughter" Shimon said giggling to himself.

"Let the festival of the Pharaoh's continue!" Aknadin said.

"Wait!" Isis exclaimed.

"Is there a problem, Isis?" 

"My millennium necklace senses an evil force approaching the kingdom." Isis said.

"How close?" 

"Shimon, what's going on?" I asked.

"This being lurks just outside the palace walls! And he bears a great power!" Isis warned.