First Raid

I flew through the dark night sky with the wind in my wings and all the dragons following me as we approached White Willow, which was the village I had chosen to do our first raid of the year on. I had decided that the Night Furies would have a special job. I didn't want to lose any of them considering how rare the species is, but they are powerful dragons and I needed to use that to my advantage. Their job was to stay hidden and attack when needed. They should shot the weapons and help the dragons get away. My job however, was to lead the raid and make sure everyone and everything was okay as well as doing the Night Fury job and giving others a job.

The village came into sight and we flew higher up. "Okay everyone, listen up! All the dragons will dive down all at once, shoot the people and huts with fire then split up and do your job. Nadders get the food, Gronckels take weapons, Zipplebacks blast huts, Thunderdrums attack the people on the beach, Furies stay hidden and step in when needed. Any other species of dragon can help the others. Everyone got the plan?" I yelled at the dragons. "Yes!" Everyone yelled back. I willed my scales to stop glowing so I could blend in with the night sky and avoid being seen. "Okay, on my count 1... 2... 3... NOW!" I yelled as I dived down with the dragons following me. I came to the village and let out a plasma blast that hit a catapult on a tower, knocking it down. All the dragons shot the village with fire then split up and flew in different directions to do their jobs.

"Ok Furies, our job is to stay hidden and patrol the village. If you see a dragon that needs your help, help it!" I told everyone. "Yes leader!" They replied. "I'll fly above and keep watch from there. NightSong, you take the North side. NightShade, you take the East side. Mum, you take the West side. And StarGaze, you take the South side." They all nodded and went their different ways. I flew high above the village so I was out of sight and watched everything going on below. The dragons were all doing their job and occasionally I would see the plasma blast of a Fury. I saw a Nightmare trapped in an iron net on the South side of the island. StarGaze was busy with another group of dragons so I dived down. I gave off the dive bombing sound of a Night Fury as the wind rushed past my scales. "Night Fury! Get down!" I heard the people yell as they covered their heads and ducked. I opened my wings and glided over the people, preparing a blast in my throat. I saw ThornWing in the net up ahead and let the plasma blast fly. The shot hit the net which snapped in half and fell off of ThornWing who then flew away. "Thanks Ice!" ThornWing called back. I smiled and glided away a little bit from the village so I would be safe.

Sparky the Nadder flew over to me with a huge net of food in her claws. "We've got everything" she said. I nodded and let out a load roar calling back all the dragons. "Everyone here?" I asked as the last couple of dragons flew up and joined us. "Yes, we're the last" one of them said. "Then let's go" I said as I lead them back to Dragon Island.

We flew over an old abandoned island on the way back. Apparently it was called Fire Heart. All the buildings were crushed, the whole island had caved in and was covered in a chaotic mess of rocks and stones. "I feel like I've been here before, but I have no memory of it..." NightShade said as he flew next to me. "Maybe you have" I told him.

When we got back we put all the food in a big pile and each took out something to give to the queen. Anything that was left over we could eat. If there was no left over food it was up to you to hunt in your own spare time. I took a sheep for the queen and ate a couple of leftover fish. That night I lead the dragons into the tunnel of the volcano. Once we entered the cave we each flew over the hole and dropped in the food we had bought for her then went and landed on our platforms. "Good amount of food, you're free to go" the Red Death said in a deep satisfied voice. The dragons immediately took off and flew out of the volcano cave and to the dragon tunnel before she could change her mind. I leapt up, flew out of the cave and back to the Night Fury hole.

"Good work all" I said as I entered the tunnel. "Thanks, you too Ice!" NightShade replied. I smiled and jumped onto my rock. I closed my eyes. I opened my eyes again looked up. NightShade was the only Night Fury in the cave. I guess I had fallen asleep. "Want to come with me to the waterfall?" I asked as I stretched. "Sure" he replied and got up. We flew to a waterfall on a nearby island where the dragons met every night for some social live. I looked at NightShade then dived down into the water and snapped up a fish. I popped up my head and saw NightShade dive in a little further away. He soon came above water. I gulped down the fish and swam over to him. "How did you catch that fish?" He asked. "What? You mean you can't catch them?" I asked a little shocked. "Nope, never been able to. Probably because I had no one to teach me..." he told me. "Well now you do. Come on!" I said as I leapt into the air and he followed.