A Broken Promise

Things were perfect. Seth was happy. He started to film his show and he always came home with a smile on his face. I was happy that he was happy. To see my man happy brought joy to my heart. One night, he came home late, I was half expecting him to come in moody and tired but it was the opposite. He came in the bedroom where I was already in bed, working on my laptop on some contracts. He walked in like he was on cloud nine. I took noticed and smiled. "Had a good night?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled. "It's been a long time since I actually enjoyed going into work. I feel like everything I worked for is finally coming to a head." Then he turned to me and walked over to the bed. He sat on the edge and said, "And you made it possible, Mary. If you didn't take a chance and chance your job, this might have never happened this way. I would have to worry about what they want to take out of it or if they scrap a script all together, but now I get to do this the way I want and it's all thanks to you. You had a point, they decided this, with or without you. But at the end of it all, you stood up for me."

I moved my hand to his cheek and cupped it. "Baby, I saw how much this project meant to you and I couldn't let it get ruined. Yes, at first I only saw myself doing my job, but then after I saw how hurt you were, I knew I couldn't stand by. And it would have been worth losing my job, seeing you walk in as I have the past few weeks so happy. Glad that I could help. I went in there expecting to lose my job but I was surprised when Marshall refused to let me go."

Seth smiled and moved in. He said, softly, against my lips, "Cause he sees what I see. A strong women who is very good at arguing her point of view."

I just smiled as I looked at him. Then I took his lips deeply. When we pulled away, he said, "So, I have some time off come up this summer before I have to go crazy promoting this show, so how would you feel about us taking a family vacation."

I smiled at him. "That sounds great, actually. I would love that. I know the kids will love it."

"Good, then we will do it." He chimed.

He got up to get changed and I said with a smile, "Fox should let you have more control of your shows cause I like what it does to you."

He took off his shirt and smirked. "Really." Then he moved to me. "What about what it makes me want to do to you?"

I smirked back. "Oh, yeah?"

"I could give you a sexy dance." He grinned and made some sad attempt at it.

I busted out laughing. "Oh, god, don't do that."

He kept at it as he still grinned. "Don't like my sex dance?"

"You have no rhyme." I was still laughing.

He kept at it as he moved closer and I kept laughing. He got to me and stopped. He acted to be frowning. "What? Don't you like when I do my sex dance for you?"

"God, no, Seth. That was sad." I just kept laughing.

He moved my laptop from me and then moved over me. "Well, good thing you didn't marry me for my sex dance then."

"Oh, yeah, if I saw that prior to us marrying, I would have not stepped foot on that alter." I cracked.

He laughed, then moved in to kiss me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seth's POV

I was happier lately, I had my family and my dream show, nothing could make it better. It was another perfect day and I was dressed to go to work. I haven't been this excited to go to work like this in a long time. I went downstairs and found Mary making breakfast. I moved over to her and wrapped an arm around her from behind. "Morning, beautiful."