Back To A Harsh World

My nerves were shot by the time we got to the hospital. I was so scared to what I find. Seth called Rachael from my phone. She meet us there and already informed us that she knew about it as she went to the hospital already when it all happened. We got there and Rachael meet us there. I said in a hurry, "I have to find Kyle. I need to see if Sophia and the boys are okay."

I tried calling Kyle on the way there, he wasn't answering. Rachael quickly stopped me. "Kyle isn't here."

"But what about..."

She cut me off. "The twins are fine."

"Well, can I see Sophia?" I asked.

Rachael looked away and her eyes teared up. "Mary, Sophia died on impact. They rushed her here to save the twins."

"What?" I was shocked to hear this. My best friend was gone. I instantly fell apart as my knees gave and I hit the ground. I cried and Seth knelt down as he took me in his arms. He held me close. A week go, she was here and my maid of honor. I come back and she is gone. My heart hurt. Seth moved me over to a chair as I cried. I couldn't bare the pain. We sat down as I cried. We sat there for about 10 minutes before my sobs calmed. Seth got up to talk to a doctor that came to us. I was almost in a daze as I felt at a lost. Rachael was still with me. I looked at her and asked, softly, "When did this happen?"

"Yesterday." She said. Then she informed me, "I tried to call you both. Everyone did. What happened to your phones?"

I closed my eyes as I felt like shit and a few more tears fell. I breathed out. "Seth's got destroyed and he convinced me to turn mine off so we could just be away from the world. Sophia knew and told me to have fun. I wish I didn't do that. I wish I kept it on. This is my fault."

Rachael quickly said, "Mary, this is not your doing? It was so idiot who was going way too fast. You did nothing."

I didn't say anything. Seth walked back over to me and said, softly, "They said we could see the boys."

I nodded and stood up. Rachael stood up as well and said, "I'm going to let you two be with your boys. I should head home anyways. But I will be coming by to see my nephews soon." Then she looked at me and said, "Don't blame yourself, okay, Mary."

I just nodded. She gave me a small smile and left. Seth took my hand and said, "Come on, let's go see our boys."

I just nodded and we walked to the mother/baby unit. They took us to the room and there was a nurse there, she was caring for them. She asked, "You would be the parents of these two beautiful boys?"

I didn't answer but Seth did. "Yes."

He walked over to them first and peered down at them. He smiled at the sight of them. Then he looked back at me and said, "Mary, come see our boys."

I slowly walked over. I got next to Seth and looked down at them. They were beautiful, perfect actually. A tear flowed down my cheek as I smiled. I whispered, "They're perfect."

I looked up at Seth and he gave me a small smile. "They are."

Then the nurse asked, "What do plan on naming them?"

I said, softly, "Damien Victor and Christian Tomas."

"Beautiful names." She smiled.

I reached down and picked up the boy in front of me. He was tiny and perfect. I smiled as I realized he looked like Seth. Seth picked up our other boy. He smiled as he looked at him. "Who should we name who?"

I looked at the boy in arms then looked at the one in Seth's. I said as I nodded towards Seth, "He looks more like a Christian." I looked back at the child in my arms. "And he looks more like a Damien."