Stressed

Work was little tense since Jessica found out about Seth and I. I felt bad but she was being short and I could tell she was angry towards me. I tried to just ignore it but it has been weeks now, I couldn't take that my own secretary was being this way. I called her into my office and she walked in. I told her, "Can you close the door, please, Jessica?"

She did and looked a little nervous. She stood there and I said, "Sit down, please."

She walked over and sat in a chair in front of the desk and I asked, "What has gotten into you, Jessica? You have been short and moody with me later. I mean, I know why but still this is a work place, we need to be professional. We shouldn't let our personal feeling conflict with it."

She looked down almost ashamed. "I know, I'm sorry, boss." Then she looked at me. "But it really sucked to see you with him."

"Cause you liked him?" I asked. She nodded. I sighed. "Look, Jessica, I understand. I really do. But this isn't how we act in the office. I don't want to have to replace you cause there is problems. You are really good at your job and I enjoy working with you. But I also cannot have your personal feelings causing problems in the work place. Understand me?"

She nodded. "I understand." Then she looked at me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Is it about Seth and me?" I asked. She nodded. I sighed. "I guess."

"Have you two always been together?" She asked.

I chuckled slightly. "Seth and my relationship always have been a complicated one. But no, not always."

"Oh." She said.

Then I asked her, "Have we cleared up this problem?"

"Yes, ma'am." She stood up from her chair.

"Good." I smiled at her. "Speaking of, Seth and I want you to meet someone. He is one of Seth's friends. Really nice guy. And gorgeous. I think you two would hit it off."

"Really?" Her eyes lit up.

I smiled at this. "Yes, I told him I would give you his number and you two can talk. I usually don't do something like this. But I felt bad after everything. So this is a one time thing. So, do you want his number?" She nodded, excited. "Okay, good. I'll let him know to look out for your text."

"Thank you." She said, sweetly.

"Alright, we should get back to work." I told her.

Jessica nodded and walked started to walk out, I just slightly laughed at it all. Then she stopped and said, "Ms. Winters."

"Yes, Jessica." I looked at her.

"I'm sorry and I'm glad we could work this out. You really are a great boss. One of the best I have had. Usually the bosses I had were cruel and demanding." She said to me.

I just smiled. "That is cause I understand where you have been, Jessica. I have been there. I vowed when I got to where I am, I would never treat my employees the way I was treated."

She just smiled at me and said, "I'm glad that you are so different. I actually don"t dread coming into work. It's the first job I really like."

"I'm glad to hear that, Jessica." I said to her.

She just gave me a small nod and walked out. I did feel good that she saw that I wasn't trying to be a crude boss. Actually made my day that it was appreciated. I felt like Jessica and I got passed our problems.