Chapter 21: Love

Adrienne

"Oh shit! Fuck, Ree!"

My fingers gripped the edge of the marble counter, turning white in the process. Khyree had me bent over the counter, pounding me senselessly from behind.

For the past couple weeks we just couldn't seem to get enough of each other. Table tops, bathrooms, his car, hell even on the beach as cliche as that sounded.

I moaned something incomprehensible and angled my head back as Khyree continued to plow through my juices, gripping my hips as he went. Sweat started to form on my forehead and the back of my neck and I felt him nip me there. I groaned, "Oh fuck, you're g-gonna make me-"

"Gimme that shit, baby." Khyree growled, "Cum on this shit, it's yours Adrienne."

Those words sent me flying over the edge, and I damn there broke my fingers from gripping the countertops so tightly. I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head, all the while Khyree managed to get a good few strokes in until I felt him shoot his load. I was still shivering and convulsing as I felt his warmth fill my insides. My orgasm, the fifth one that day, had sent a stream running down my legs, and I decided it was time for a shower.

I pulled my leggings up and Khyree squeezed my midsection and kissed my neck and I giggled, "Come take a shower with me."

"I gotta go pick up Sash." His pressed his lips against my neck.

"Shit, I forgot, I'll order takeout." I said quickly. I enjoyed having Sasha over, I just didn't ever see myself getting along with her mother. She'd been oddly staying outta trouble with Khyree. At first I thought it was for Sasha's sake but now I thought that bitch was just cooking up something.

"That's a good idea baby. Yo, you mind if I leave her here with you for a minute, I got shit to handle down at the club." He said, grabbing his keys.

"Sure, that's cool."

It had taken a minute, but Khyree and Rafael were now the proud owners of a night club. Or at least they were going to be. There were still tons of things to figure out, but hopefully they were up and running by the start of the new year.

"Thanks baby! I just applied for a liquor license yesterday and today me and Rel meetin' up with a couple distributors, shit about to be tight." I couldn't help but mirror his smile, except mines didn't contain dimples. My main job was to run the numbers, and anything else I could do to help. I was proud of him for taking huge steps in his life, so I helped in just about everywhere I could.

I knew he was still a bit vexed about me not returning his 'I love you', but the words were a bit awkward to say, even in my head.

It's not that I didn't, I just wanted to be sure that I did.

Khyree gave me a long kiss before rushing out of the door and I chuckled to myself.

My phone vibrated and I slightly frowned at the text from "N" as he was labeled in my phone.

'I miss you'

I erased the message hastily, walking to the back to start on a shower.

~*~*~*~*~

I braided Sasha's hair as we watched Moana for the second time, laughing at all the parts that we were expected to. Over the course of these five months, we'd really come to bond.

I would pick her up from school sometimes (with the Mercedes Benz Khyree had bought me), take her on shopping trips, and try to bake with her, as shitty as my cooking was. She was like the daughter I'd always desperately wanted, but that didn't mean I didn't know my boundaries.

Her brown eyes finally got unstuck from the screen, "Adrienne?"

"Yeah?" I finished the end of her braid by adorning it with a purple elastic.

"Are you and my daddy gonna get married?"

I wasn't surprised by the question, but I laughed anyway, "I'm not sure Sash. Sometimes things go differently than you plan it."

I didn't want to get her hopes up, but I didn't wanna completely destroy them.

"Like how my mommy and daddy didn't get married?" She asked.

"Yeah...I guess." I answered softly, "But that doesn't mean they don't love you Sash."

"I know." She whispered. "Do you love my daddy?"

I opened my mouth and then closed it. She was no exception to a curious six year old. "You know what? I think I do but...you gotta keep it a secret okay?"

She turned around to nod at me excitedly, "Okay."

Just then, Khyree walked through the door with pizza boxes in hand. Sasha ran over with a bunch of questions while and grinned.

"Daddy! Can I have ice cream?!"

"Sash don't start, you know you gotta eat first."

I snickered and went over to him to place a kiss on his lips, "Why the pizza, I was gonna hook us up with some of my homemade cooking."

"Baby, it's plenty reasons. The first being that I ain't wanna die."

I sucked my teeth and hit him upside the head, "Imma go lay down."

"You ain't gonna eat?" He said, creasing his eyebrows.

I placed a cup by Sasha's plate, going to pour her grape juice.

"Nah, the smell is actually making me a little queasy." I said.

"Imma take you to the doctors tomorrow, yo ass been sick for a minute." He said with a mouth full of bread crust."

"I'm fine, I'm not going to the doctor." I snapped.

I loosened up a bit when I realized how attitudinal I sounded, "I'm good, imma just go lay down."

"Aight. Holla if you need anything." He said, narrowing his eyes.

I placed a kiss on Sasha's cheek and went the bedroom, closing the door. There were no more surprise text from my phone, but there was a reminder that tomorrow was Irene's 24th birthday.

I bit my lip, wondering if I should send a card or flowers, but remembered she hated stupid things like that. Plus, that seemed too formal, she was my best friend.

I decided to pay her a surprise visit instead.

Early update. This chapter was a little more heartfelt as you can tell by the title. Love all my supporters, ty ❤️.