Chapter 17: Ultimatum

Khyree

I rolled my window down and honked the horn as I spotted Adrienne coming out of the hospital. She noticed me and the girl next to her said something her ear. Adrienne nodded and I grinned, exhaling my smoke. She came up to the car, getting in and closing the door.

She leaned over to place a kiss on my lips and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "Hey."

I grinned, "You good?"

"Yeah."

"How was your day?"

"It was ok."

I licked my lips, "What's up wit' you? You actin' funny."

She took a deep breath, "My mom's coming to town to visit."

I nodded, "And?"

"And. And she wants to meet you. Khyree I-"

"Hold up, you told her about me?" I started cheesing and she looked out the window to avoid my eyes.

"I guess I did. But I didn't tell her too much."

"So she don't know you got a man?" I offered her my blunt but she pushed my hand away. Me and Adrienne had been seein' each other for almost a month now. I admit half the time we spent gettin' on each others nerves, but I could honestly say that she was my baby at this point.

"She knows that, she just doesn't know about you. I didn't tell her any details."

I nodded, "Oh aight, I get it. You ain't explain to her what I do for a livin', is that what you sayin'?"

"No. Think about how I would even bring that shit up or try to explain it. Put yourself in my shoes for one second and maybe consider the fact that my upbringing was a little different than yours."

"Yo fuckin' ass always gotta throw that shit in my face. On god, this conversation is dead." I snapped.

"I'm not throwing shit in your face! If you would just man the fuck up and talk to me about it, it wouldn't be such a big deal. I just don't my mother to think I'm dating some sort of low life thug."

I chuckled, "That's how you think of me, huh? Why you even in my face then? Go hop on some rich nigga dick if you so pressed."

"I'm not saying-"

"Nah, fuck it. I ain't about to act fake just to impress you and yo bitchy ass momma!"

Adrienne balled her fists and unlocked the door, stepping out the car.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath. I got out after her , following her down the street. "Adrienne! Yo Adrienne-" I snatched her arm.

"Get yo ass back in the car." I said lowly.

She snatched her arm away, shoving me in the process. "I can't fucking stand when you act like this!"

"You makin' a scene-"

"I don't care! You are so damn defensive when it comes to this! I'm not about to wait around for you to grow the hell up!"