Chapter 13: Bug

Khyree

"You think they'll like me? I don't look like a hoe do I?"

Adrienne flipped down the visor to my car, wiping at her lips in the mirror.

"What you worried for? You not my girl." I was too busy going back and forth with Rhonda over text to really pay attention. I was trying to get her to let me come pick up Sasha, but her annoying ass insisted on dropping her off. I got her multiple birthday presents; they filled up the trunk of my car and also the back seat.

"Are you listening to me?" She crossed her arms and creased her eyebrows, making me chuckle.

I pulled my hat low over my eyes, "Nah, not really."

You're an asshole, I'm being serious Khyree-"

"Chill out baby, they'll like yo annoying ass. Long as you don't act like you better than errbody else. My momma already like you."

"She does?" She cheesed at me.

"Yeah. For some reason."

Her smile dropped

I grabbed her chin and turned her pouty face to me, "Cut it out and learn how to take a joke. You stressin' too much, be cool. Ok?"

She smiled again, "Ok."

She tilted her head up and I kissed her, causing her lipgloss to go all over my lips.

Somebody banged on the driver's side window causing up to both to jump. It was my momma and auntie.

"Boy if you don't get yo ass out this car and introduce us to that gorgeous girl, you gone catch this fade." My auntie said.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Adrienne

I stepped out of the car nervously, coming around the car.

"Ma you know her, Auntie this my friend Adrienne."

Khyree's aunt was just as gorgeous as his mother, with pretty brown skin and waist length grey hair that was currently braided. Khyree's mother had hair that was cut short and styled into a bob. Her skin was a little lighter, but still just as flawless.

I smiled shyly and held out my hand. "Hi Mrs. Williams."

His mother ignored my outstretched hand and hugged me, "I knew I'd see you again baby." She looked like she was ready to burst in excitement. "And please call me Roselyn, ain't no strangers in my house. This my
sister Nina."

"Girl, I can introduce myself. It's a wonder why Khyree's been hiding you so long, you probably the only well-mannered, non hoeing, pretty girl he's ever taken an interest in." She hugged me also.

"Y'all ain't got nothin' to do than make me look like a fool huh?" Khyree spoke up.

"Boy you do that all on your own. Now shut up and come give me a hug." Nina said.

He shook his head and grinned, embracing her in his arms. He also gave his mother a hug.

"Where's my grand baby?"