Chapter 19: The Motions

Adrienne

Adrienne

"Alright...just do me a favor and take this out."

I tugged on Khyree's bottom lip, exposing the gold grill he had on his bottom teeth. He ran his tongue across it and wrinkled his face.

"You doin' the most nah. You already got me up here lookin' like Carlton off of Fresh Prince."

"Who off of what?" I gave him a blank stare.

Growing up my parents never let me watch TV for more than an hour a day. The only one in the house had been in the living room, so it wasn't uncommon for me to miss whatever television reference was being thrown my way.

"Aight, this weekend we watching all the good shit so clear your schedule," he said, shaking his head.

"Will do," I rolled my eyes, "and you don't look like whatever you think you look like. I think it's cute."

I stepped back to admire the navy blue button up sweater he wore along with blue jeans and tan loafers. The tattoo on his neck was still visible as well as the ones on his fingers and hands. His beard was freshly trimmed and the gold hoops he usually wore in his ear were gone.

"Of course you would say some shit like that. Don't get used to this." He mumbled sourly.

I bit my lip to keep from laughing, knowing it would only give him even more of an attitude. "I'm sorry baby." I grabbed the front of his sweater with both hands and reached up to quickly kiss him. Khyree responded by taking my face in his hands and pressing his lips against mine full force. I felt him grin against my lips and opened my eyes.

"What time we gotta be there again?" He said with a smirk.

"Seven. We don't have time for that, let's go."

"Not even a lil-"

I kissed him again, "No." I pulled his bottom lip down again, "Out."

He glared at me but did as I said, removing his grill and revealing his slightly crooked bottom teeth.

It had been a while since we'd had sex-in fact-we hadn't had sex since we first got together almost two months ago. It's not that I didn't want to, it was simply that our schedules didn't allow for it. I worked during the day, and by the time I came home, he was leaving for the club.

Khyree frowned again before grabbing his car keys.

"Let's get this shit over with." He said lowly.