Chapter 15: Xposed

Khyree

"So you all are probably wondering why I've gathered you here."

Lance looked around at us.

"Fuckin' duh homie," Tyson snapped, rubbing his crotch, "Some bitch grabbed on my nuts tonight, I need to get home and get some ice."

"Yeah, make it quick man." Rafael muttered.

It was after closing time at the club; which meant it was 4 a.m.

"Well first off , I just wanted to congratulate you guys on making Chocolate City one of the most talked about out strip clubs in Atlant-"

"Yo, get to the fuckin' point!" I snapped impatiently.

"Alright Alright! Allure Magazine wants to interview you guys. Put out a story about a typical night for a male stripper. I said we'd do it."

I chuckled, "You done fucked up."

The rest of the boys started agreeing with me.

"C'mon! I thought y'all were my nig-" he stopped once he realized who he was talking to, "I thought we were all homeboys. This is more publicity for us! More publicity is more money!"

"Man, most of us got reputations to uphold. This interview gone make us look fruity as fuck. No offense Lonnie." Abel said.

"None taken, I will not be participating in this shit either." Lonnie scoffed.

"If y'all walk away from this, you're fucking fired!" Lance yelled.

We all looked at each other and started heading for the door. Lance ran to the front, "Okay, hold on! Please at least consider it, it would be really good for the club."

Tyson moved his ass out the way and we all proceeded to our cars. "Yo!"

I caught Lonnie ready to get into his car.

"Boy what do you need? I'm ready to go home."

I shoved my hands in my pockets, "You talked to Adrienne lately? She cool?" I hadn't said shit to her in almost three weeks. After that night, I realized I needed to get away from her before shit turned serious. The past three weeks I been running through bitches just to take my mind off of the whole situation.

"Why don't you ask her sir? Aren't you her man or some shit?"

"I ain't spoke to her in a minute." I admitted.

" That sound like a personal problem sweetheart." He climbed into his car and sped out the lot.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I closed the door to my momma's house real smooth, creeping down the hallway to Sasha's room. She was sleeping and I kneeled down to kiss her on the forehead. She opened her eyes and yawned.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah baby girl?"

She turned to me, "Do you love me?"

I grabbed her hand, "Don't ever ask me no shi-", I stopped myself for a second, "With every bone in my body. Why you even ask me that question?"