Chapter 12: Swishers

Adrienne

"Well I'm not surprised. I didn't actually expect you to be gone by the morning."

Khyree was digging around in my fridge, "Chill out, I'm leaving. I just want a lil' somethin' to eat." He slammed the door shut, "Make me something?"

"Try again, I'm not your mother or your girlfriend." I put on a pot for coffee.

"Not yet at least. I plan on making you both in due time." He started going through my cabinet and pulled out a box of Raisin Bran, wrinkling his nose. "Where the Lucky Charms?"

"Grow up. Big boys eat real cereal." I raised my brow at him, "Coffee?"

He waived me away, "Ion partake in such Caucasian foolery."

"You're a damn fool," I rolled my eyes and snatched the cereal from him to fix myself a bowl. There was an awkward silence that hung in the air between us until he gazed at me with a goofy grin on his face, leaning against my countertop. My heart skipped a beat and I angled my head down, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear in order to keep myself from fidgeting.

He was here, in front of me, standing in my apartment. This shit was only unbelievable because I had promised myself I'd stay away from him. Even now, I couldn't see myself not being around him. Although I hated to admit it, I couldn't leave him alone if I wanted to, not at this point anyway. There was no way of knowing why I feeling this way, but for right now I didn't want to question it.

He rinsed his bowl and motioned for me to come to him using his pointer finger, "Come'ere."

"I have morning breathe," I warned.

"Welcome to the club baby."

I giggled and surprised myself by doing as he said. He grabbed my arms and slid them around his waist, "Yo breathe do stink."

"If it's such a problem, move around."

He chuckled and leaned down to kiss me just as I licked my lips. I slid my hands under his shirt and pressed my fingers into his back as the kiss grew more and more intense. We kept on like that for a while, and I sighed into his mouth. Khyree removed his lips from mine to brush back the robe I was wearing and place a kiss on my shoulder. I shivered in response and angled my head back.

I felt him pull on my the waistband of my sweatpants and tensed up.

"I gotta get ready for school."

I wiped my mouth while pulling away from him.

"Yeah, whateva." He gave me a smug smile, "You better. Cause you was definitely about to be an hour late. I'll drop you off."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Khyree parked in front of my campus. I studied the tattoos on his hand as he reached to nervously scratch the back of his head. On each of his fingers was a letter to spell out Sasha's name.

"Yo, so my mama want you to come over. We celebrating Sasha birthday tomorrow, my whole family gone be there."

"So are you personally inviting me, or is your mother?"

"Ahh...both?" He shrugged.

"She doesn't think...she's knows that we're not..." I hesitated.

"Man, what?" He gave me an aggravated look.

"Like did you tell her we were together? She doesn't think that right?"