21: Gift

"You really should've woke me up." I pursed my lips and languidly pulled my luggage behind me as we ambled our way out of Gimhae Airport to where a van was supposed to fetch us.

"But you looked comfortable snuggled up to him," said Hira. "And I doubt you'd wake up even if I tried. Jimin would also probably just tell me it's fine."

Steps ahead of us were Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook having their own conversation. From the distance, nothing seemed wrong. But if you'd look closely, you'd notice how Jimin would try to stretch or flex and rotate his right arm once in a while.

After an hour's worth of flight from Seoul to Busan, I had been woken up, greeted by Jimin's smiling face so close to mine, only to realize later on that the proximity was because I had been clutching on his arm and used it as a bolster for who knows how long during the flight. I couldn't even remember when I had fallen asleep.

"Don't worry too much. I'm sure he doesn't mind," assured Hira, placing her phone back to her pocket.

"He looks really uncomfortable though." I frowned, scratching the tip of my nose.

"Well, he probably found it comfortable during the flight anyway." She chuckled, linking her arms with mine. "Ahh, it's so good to take a breather. It's getting stuffy being surrounded with white walls everywhere. I can't wait to look around."

"Don't forget we're dropping by the boutique this afternoon for the fitting," I reminded her.

"Oh, right!" my best friend cheered, her smile stretching further. "I can't wait to see the wedding dress."

On our way to the hotel, I made sure to sit by the window and have Hira beside me, just to prevent any scenario from repeating. Conversations led mostly by Jimin and Jungkook filled the ride. The two Busan boys shared a few stories, reminiscing about their hometown, proud of where they came from.

Upon getting out of the van after we had arrived, a gust of fresh, relaxing air welcomed us. We were escorted by the hotel staff to our designated room assignments. It wasn't surprising how stylish and elegant the whole interior of the hotel was, let alone the windows overlooking the sea, giving off a very pleasing ambiance in totality, considering that Chaerin had personally chosen this place.

As scheduled, we met Chaerin down the hotel lobby in the afternoon. After she had discovered that Jimin and I had made up, she immediately insisted that I must attend her wedding, explaining that the only reason she didn't invite me was because she didn't want to make it awkward between Jimin and me.

To insist further, she suggested that Hira and Jungkook should attend as well, if that would convince me further, and reasoned that we went to the same university before anyway. I was not exactly sure where her cordiality was coming from, and neither was I complaining. It was just really too much that I doubted if I actually deserved the treatment from her.

"It's so beautiful," gushed Hira as Chaerin stepped out of the dressing room divider and walked towards the platform.

Nudging her on the side, I whispered, "I know it's really nice, but Hira, could you please zip up my dress first."

Hira mumbled an 'oops' and flashed a sheepish grin before helping me with my dress.

"So? What do you both think?" asked Chaerin. "The two of you are actually the first one to see it." She had an expectant smile on her lips.