14: Questions

okay, first of all, I'd like to remind you that Jimin is aware how Haneul clearly isn't claustrophobic because he (most likely) sees her take the elevator in the office + remember she takes elevators every single day since she lives in her apartment and Jimin probably remembers that from when they used to hang out together before. pls don't hate Jimin that much haha (although you're also kind of supposed to hate him) k, that is all. happy readings!
— ✿ —

Three days had passed, yet Jimin hadn't heard from Haneul ever since the elevator incident had happened. His curiosity had only then grew further with still unanswered questions lingering in his mind.

Staring at the laptop screen, Jimin let a long sigh out. To say that he wasn't bothered a bit by Haneul's reactions would be an utter lie. Something was wrong, and his decision to figure it out still hadn't changed.

A soft knock on his door snapped him out of trance. He lifted his head to see Jungkook, nearing his table with a folder on his hand.

"Hyung," acknowledged the younger with a nod and placed the file on the table.

Jimin studied the document for a moment, flipping through the pages, yet in reality, he wasn't giving even a tiny bit of his attention towards it. So he stopped. He closed the folder and laid it on the side with a soft sigh through his nose.

"Jungkook," he began, "have you heard from Haneul?"

Jungkook's brows quirked up, not expecting that Jimin would suddenly ask about her out of nowhere. After all, Jungkook wasn't fully aware about the elevator misfortune.

All he knew was that Jimin had been trapped for a couple of minutes with some random girl, and that his hyung had been really mad about it. In addition, no one paid much attention to the identity of the girl as much as the news circulated around the office.

"I haven't seen her since she retrieved her belongings, hyung," replied Jungkook, a small frown forming on his lips. He made a mental note to leave her a message immediately after this talk with Jimin was done.

"Is that so?" Jimin's tone held disappointment, as if he hadn't made any effort to conceal it anymore.

Jungkook could get the gist of it. The emotion in Jimin's eyes was evident enough to tell him that Jimin was worried about her. It only made Jungkook wonder if there was anything else wrong aside from Dongsun appearing, an issue of which he assumed Jimin didn't know of.

"Try asking Taehyung-hyung," Jungkook suggested.

"Did he tell you anything?" questioned Jimin.

"He didn't," Jungkook responded as a matter of factly. After he had called Taehyung for SOS the moment he had seen Dongsun arrive at their office, they hadn't really talked after that.

"I see."

Jungkook pressed his lips into a thin line. "Could I help you with anything else?"

Jimin shook his head. "You may leave now. Thank you, Jungkook."

Jungkook left his office shortly, and Jimin eyed his phone, debating whether he should go for it or not. A pang of hesitation hit him; He didn't know what for. Perhaps he could be scared he'd find out something he shouldn't. But he was also dying to know.