1: Art Exhibit

"Haneul, sweetheart, is that you?"

Amidst the scattered noise inside the wide guest hall, I clearly heard the voice and spun around to its source.

"It is you!" Mrs. Kim exclaimed, familiarity written in her eyes as she neared me with her arms outstretched.

"Eomeoni," I greeted with a smile and leaned forward for a cheek kiss.

"It's been a while." Delight filled her words and then her gaze trailed down. "Is that Mira?"

Nodding my head, I adjusted the sleeping four year old on my arm and twisted my body to let her see Mira's face.

"How are you and Taehyung lately? You know, you get prettier each time I see you."

I couldn't help but laugh a little whilst warmth rushed to my cheeks at her compliment. She always gave sweet comments every time we meet, yet I could never get used to hearing them.

"Taehyung's been flying around the world every now and then," I replied. "As for me, I've been busy lately as well. But it's not really much of an interference."

"Aigoo, my husband keeps on assigning him to manage public relations regarding the business." She scowled, but then smiled again. "Though that's also a relief that you both always manage to keep in touch. By the way, I heard that the promotion company you're working at is in demand nowadays."

I was about to open my mouth when Mira suddenly stirred from her slumber. Mrs. Kim and I turned to her.

"Mommy?" she groggily said, rubbing her eyes with a bunny toy on her hand.

Mrs. Kim and I looked at each other knowingly. She then reached out for Mira's head and soothed her hair.

"Good morning, sweetheart," she greeted the awoken child whilst I looked around, searching for someone.

"Ah, sorry I'm late. Had things to finish," a familiar voice broke in beside me, and I turned to him.

"Hey, just in time. Did you see your cousin?"

"Aish, she left Mira to you again." Taehyung made a face.

"No, it's fine," I assured. Taehyung gestured for me to hand the child over, but I refused. Mira's eyes were still heavy and she hadn't spoken another word yet.

"Look at you two, being cute together," cooed Mrs. Kim. "You two should just date so I can finally stop setting up dates for my son."

"Eomma," Taehyung whined.

"My apologies." I chuckled. "To compensate, I shall help you set him up to more dates." With a teasing smile, I glanced at Taehyung and he gave me a sour look.

If only his mother knew. Taehyung actually had someone he was currently interested in. But I couldn't just tell her yet. Or else Taehyung would probably end his ties with me.

"He negotiates his way out of every date, I tell you," Mrs. Kim complained, shaking her head.

Just then, the sound of clinking heels neared us, and the person I was searching for earlier appeared.

"I'm so sorry I took so long." Eunhee apologized, stretching her arms out to take Mira from me.

"No, it's alright." I shot her an assuring expression, gingerly handing her the child.

"See, I was just telling them how they should date each other already," Mrs. Kim told her. "Besides, Haneul is good with kids. Don't you think they'd be fit for a family."

We all laughed, except for Taehyung who plastered another sour look all over his face.

Mrs. Kim, although reluctant, soon excused herself to attend to her other guests, and I took the chance to bid her good bye. She made me promise that she'd see me again soon, and I happily did so.

It was a few years ago in college when I first met Mrs. Kim, and from there, we had often seen each other and gradually grew closer. Same as with some of Taehyung's relatives.

When Taehyung and I left their house, there were still a lot of guests and the sun was still up.

"I'm sorry, she's just eager to see you," he apologized as he was starting the engine.

"It's alright, I like your mom," I said, suppressing my laugh whilst I put on my seatbelt.

"Yah, what's funny?"

"Nothing," I innocently replied, a wide grin spreading on my face. "Just that maybe I should find that girl and suggest your mom to set you up with her."

"Don't even think about it." He shot me a pointed look, and my grin only stretched up to my ears.

"Anyway," I started in a singsong, gazing outside the window before I turned to him. "You said you need to tell me something?"

Taehyung's mouth formed into a thin line as he glanced at the rear view mirror before reversing his car.

"You see," he began, not meeting my gaze. "I know someone who's going to hold an art exhibit and needs an event organizing team."

"Well, sure. I could tell Manager Sejin about it, and I jut finished a contract recently so I'm free," I told him with a pleased smile.

Work could be hectic and all, but I enjoyed what I was doing, so getting new clients always delighted me. It also encouraged me every time.

"The thing is, I'm not so sure if you'll accept this client." There was a hint of dubiousness in his voice, and I shot him a questioning look.

"As long as it's a female client I don't have any problems, I mean, I'm sure you already know that." I shrugged.

"You actually know her," he added, eyes fixated on the road. There was a long pause of uncertainty before he continued, "And him."

I snapped my head to my left, and my eyes wandered to the side for a second. There could only be one her and him that rang in my mind, and Taehyung didn't need to tell me who.

When Taehyung hadn't said a word, I returned my attention back in front and crossed my arms.

"So? What do you think?"

I blinked my eyes wide, still in thought. "I'm actually more concerned if they would like to work with me," I replied, as a matter of fact. "Personally, I don't have any problem with that."

"Honestly, when Chaerin asked me for a suggestion, I doubted before referring you. But then it kind of happened and I don't think she minds at all." Taehyung shot me a look and quickly focused back on driving.

"Well... what about him?" I asked.

"I don't know. I haven't talked to Jimin lately."

Jimin. The name brought so much memories.

After meeting up with him that day, I hadn't heard from him again. The next thing I knew was that months later, he flew abroad to finish his studies. And with Chaerin.

But then, everything had happened years ago, and we all had our own lives to mind now. Though I had to admit I had always wondered how he had been. The thought sent a wave of nostalgia inside me.

"I'd be glad to work with them." A smile played on my lips. "As long as they are fine with working with me, that is."

"Well, you don't have to decide right away. You can think it over. Chaerin won't be back until next week anyway."

I simply hummed in response and stared outside, leaning my head on the window. It had been years and I could honestly say that I had put everything in the past now. Though I might have a few uncertainties, still, it didn't sound that bad.

So should I?

— ✿ —
I'm currently having a writer's block where I literally get the urge to delete anything I write after a minute, so letting me know how this chapter was would really be helpful. Constructive criticisms are always welcome and thank you in advance.