3: Oppositions

Who does he think he is?

I wiped on my forehead, a crease forming whilst I reviewed the messily plotted paper on my desk.

Our meeting had finished an hour ago. While conceptualizing the flow, we had gone through a lot of revisions. I had to catch up with Chaerin rejecting most of the presented ideas and altering it with something else that she found more suitable.

I wasn't complaining though. She was just meticulous for her art exhibit slash charity event and wanted the best. And the best was what we strived to achieve. We all had a similar goal.

For the past two years I had been working in a promotion company, I had learned that this was the norm, and patience and understanding was much required from us. I had been faced with much more picky and even rude clients that this didn't bother me at all.

What frustrated me, however, was him.

Chaerin had been nothing but nice whereas that annoying piece of mochi did nothing but to find a flaw to everything and oppose as much as he could. He did it so subtly that maybe everyone else in the conference room hadn't noticed and thought he just had sharp judgment.

And to think that I had expected all of us to have moved on for what happened in the past? Boy, that was five years ago.

Was this his way to get back at me? And for what? Rejecting him? Because great. I kind of feel attacked at the moment.

It also proved that he wasn't the one engaged to Chaerin, which I had learned from Taehyung days ago.

If I were Chaerin, I wouldn't marry an immature person as well.

On a side note, he could actually be more mature. Or if not that, at least be professional. How hard could it be?

Those butterflies I once felt for him had been replaced with bees annoyingly buzzing nonstop... and I hope they sting him to death.

A frustrated groan escaped my mouth and I tousled my hair frantically.

"Cappuccino for the ugly frowning lady who I think is about to go crazy."

A cup was placed on my desk and I glanced up to see a smiling Jungkook, raising his brows at me.

I scowled at him. "What do you want?"

"I am hurt, Haneul. At least I deserve a thank you."

"The ugly frowning lady thinks otherwise," I deadpanned.

Jungkook chuckled. "I just wanted to visit my work neighbor."

"Jungkook, your work cubicle is literally two steps away from mine." There wasn't even a full divider separating us.

"Still." He mischievously eyed me. "You and Jimin-hyung, huh?"

"Piss off, Jungkook." I snorted in disdain, and he raised his hands to his chest in defense, a teasing smile slipping out.

At least I wasn't being delusional and Jungkook had also noticed.

"Instead, why don't you pull your chair beside me and help me with this?"

"I was actually bribing my way out." He joked, but nevertheless, complied with me anyway.

After my shift ended, I went ahead of Jungkook, telling him I had to meet with Hira. We had the same schedule, though he told me he'd stay for a while more.