Epilogue

"Has she woken up yet?" Jimin asked the housemaid whilst he took his coat off. As the CEO of the Park Enterprise, work in the office had always rendered him busy that he only had arrived now. Still, he fulfilled his promise that he'd be just in time for the plans he had set for the day.

"She hasn't left the room since this morning, but I did brought her breakfast earlier. Do you want me to tell her you're home?"

Jimin waved his hand. "No need. I'll do it myself. Thank you for watching over her."

The housemaid nodded at him and dismissed herself before heading back to the kitchen.

Jimin went upstairs to their room. Deliberately, he pushed the door open, making minimal movements to avoid producing any sounds to disturb her.

Lately, Haneul had been sleeping more than usual. In her delicate state, she'd sometimes wake up feeling nauseated and could get really emotional. All of which Jimin had been used to by now.

As expected, Haneul was still tucked under the immaculate covers of their mattress. The corners of Jimin's mouth involuntarily curled up at the sight of his beautiful other half. Jimin crouched down at the edge of the bed, admiring the peaceful facade hovering her features with every steady breath she took. He leaned on the bed whilst he ran his fingers through her hair, and debated whether to wake her up or not.

Before he could make up his mind, Haneul stirred from her position and her eyes slowly fluttered open. Adjusting to her surroundings, she blinked a couple more times.

"Jimin?" she softly called, reaching for his hand that rested on her hair. She held it with a squeeze and pulled it to her chest, closing her eyes again.

"Are you alright?" He brushed his thumb against her skin. "We could schedule our plans some other day when you feel like it."

Forcing herself awake, Haneul opened her eyes and shook her head. Jimin placed a pillow behind her to support her back as she sat up.

"I'm fine. We don't have to postpone it," assured Haneul. "Little Jimin is just really sleepy nowadays." She smiled, caressing the baby bump on her stomach. Jimin rested his hand on top of hers.

"You think it's a boy?" He couldn't hide the excitement on his face.

"It's still too early but I just have a gut feeling." She chuckled. "Even if you're not here, the baby makes me feel safe and protected. And I've read before that a mother's intuition is right most of the time."

"Well, whether it's a boy or a girl, this little blessing of ours will receive lots of love," remarked Jimin and Haneul hummed in agreement. "So... do you need me to help you get ready? Can you stand on your own?"

Haneul laughed whilst she got off the covers and stood up, with Jimin's assistance, of course. She wrapped her arms around his waist and he held her figure back gently.

"Mr. Park getting so protective again, I see?" Haneul teased, getting comfortable in his embrace. "I can still handle myself, please don't worry too much."

"Still," Jimin breathed out. "You're carrying our baby. I can't let you handle this pregnancy alone. Mr. Park has to always see to it that Mrs. Park and Little Park is safe and healthy."