2: Bad Dream

Over the weekend, the thought of working together with Chaerin and Jimin had taken up a significant chunk of my mind.

A part of me had my own disinclination that matched with the alternate rush of stomach churns and sensation of knots being tied somewhere in my veins.

Still, in the end, I had found no logical reason to decline this project. It wasn't like I had hard feelings nor any other sentiments to dwell over anyway.

"We're here," Taehyung declared, snapping me out of my thoughts.

He pulled over by the entrance of a rather grand building, judging by the solid black marble and transparent floor-to-ceiling glasses that cladded its exteriors.

I held the door open and a man in white polo assisted me out of the car.

"Thank you," I mumbled softly and he responded with a warm smile. He seemed like someone who enjoyed his job. Either that, or he was having a great day so far. Nonetheless, it made the establishment less intimidating than it was seconds ago.

Composing myself, I smoothed my dress for any possible crease that had formed and blew on my fringe before combing them with my fingers.

"Let's go?" asked Taehyung and I nodded.

On our way inside, up to our supposed meeting place, I was briefly oriented that this was one of the main offices of the many business ventures of the Parks.

It didn't take us long until we finally reached the office.

Chaerin had her back against us when we stepped into the room. The click of the door must have caught her attention, causing her to swivel the chair around. Upon seeing us, she immediately got up from her seat and flashed a welcoming smile.

I was taken by surprise when Chaerin closed in for a short embrace. Not that I was complaining, but I just did not expect such hospitality from her.

Come to think of it, we parted on distasteful ends, but of course, I get it that it had been years.

There was a short exchange of greetings and a bit of formalities before we sat down on our seats.

As we settled ourselves, however, my gaze landed on Chaerin's hand, and resting on her ring finger was a diamond ring. I wasn't sure if it was an engagement or marriage one, and Taehyung had not mentioned anything about that.

But I guess that was one of the reasons why Chaerin was treating me as if nothing had happened before. Like the rage she had back then had suddenly been erased in her memory.

"I'm sure Taehyung had told you I'm going to hold an art exhibit," she mused, her eyes filled with excitement. "You see, it's going to be a charity event at the same time."

I carefully listened, taking note of important details I would need later on. Although there wasn't a contract yet, I formed a habit of doing so. Just by hearing Chaerin gave it away that she was the detailed and picky type. In a good way, at least.

"Oh, there he is!"

My hand came to a halt as I tore my attention away from my notepad. In walked a familiar figure I hadn't seen in ages.