5: Kitchen Moves

The following days rendered me busier with each passing second.

I, together with Jungkook and Jimin, had visited potential venues of the art exhibit. We had narrowed the list into the top three preferences and had driven off to survey the places ourselves.

Initially, that was what I thought we'd be doing. To my dismay, it included Jimin having to intentionally get on my nerves with his professionally spoken oppositions, as if it was actually part of his agenda.

The funny part, when I gave off a negative impression on one of the venues, he was quick enough to praise it with all his glory. Lies. And it obviously seemed like he knew himself that he had been caught in a lie, yet he feigned ignorance.

I was so tempted to sabotage his car, like maybe deflate one of the wheels. However, considering that his vehicle was our means of transportation for the day, I stopped myself.

When we had finished our agenda, it was around lunch time. Jimin had then suggested that we grab something to eat before returning to the office—which, I wasn't exactly sure if it was a good idea or not.

Letting the two male species talk in their own world, I listened to Jungkook recommend to his hyung about this restaurant that happened to be within the vicinity, and the younger told Jimin he should definitely try their food.

Little did I know that Jungkook was actually pertaining to my family's restaurant.

I couldn't tell if he were just being sly or anything. But my instincts told me he was up to no good.

"This is actually their restaurant, hyung." I heard Jungkook inform Jimin whilst the three of us settled ourselves on a table near the kitchen entryway.

Jimin glossed over my existence and nodded at Jungkook, totally unimpressed.

Well I'm sorry we couldn't cater to his fine dining rich kid needs, last thing I remember, he also fed on store food.

I crossed my arms, leaning on my seat. A waiter had approached us with a menu, and when his eyes landed on me, they widened in recognition.

"Haneul-ssi, shall I call for your mother?"

"Aniyo." I shook my head with a small smile. "It's fine, she might be busy."

Yet again, fate had other plans. The next thing that greeted me was my mother's sweet voice. A bad omen floating in the air as she approached our table.

"Honey! Your daughter brought her friend and her boyfriend!" she announced, craning her neck towards the entryway of the kitchen.

"Eomma!" I hissed, shooting her a look.

"Why? Is he not your boyfriend?"

I scoffed, and through my peripheral vision, I saw Jimin jerk his head to the side, glancing up away.

"Oh! My mistake then. I thought his face was familiar."

I vehemently shook my head. "I tell you, eomma, he is not. He's my... client."

Just with her tone, I had all my emotions gathered on my chest, ready to burst my heart out. Like getting prepared to end myself before my mother could blurt out something that would cause me to want to dig a grave for myself in.