17: Atrocity

trigger warning: sexual harassment ⚠️ you don't have to read this if you're not comfortable with it. you'd still understand the story either way. this will practically explain what exactly happened.

also, before anyone would judge Haneul (just in case some people would think this is shallow or whatnot—which I hope no one would do and any other comments of what she could have possibly done) I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you all that each person's reaction is different from one another.

this is something I'm personally concerned with, and I'd appreciate if you take time to hear my thoughts before scrolling to the story.

people handle alarming situations differently than the others. some completely blank out (which is a common reaction of the brain for some when they experience fear), others would try to comprehend and stay alert as much as they could, and perhaps some people could handle these situations with ease.

however, just because some people could handle it well, it doesn't mean people who couldn't should be blamed for not being able to do anything.

don't ever tell someone the lines of "you should've done this or that" because honestly, if they could, they probably would have done so at that moment. and before anyone else, they might have already been telling these lines to themselves. stop adding to the pain, regret and negativity already going through their mind.

likewise and in general, no one has the right to tell people what's right and what's wrong when it comes to their feelings. it might not be your intention to hurt them and it might be too shallow — for you, yes, probably — but some people get sad for the slightest things, and there's always a reason, which you could preferably talk over rather than pointing out or assuming how dense that person may be.

aside from that... some people can handle stress perfectly, some people simply cannot, even if they try to.

THERE IS NO 'NORMAL' REACTION TO ANYTHING. INDIVIDUAL RESPONSES VARY DEPENDING ON PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

tbh, it's all a matter of perspective. it's not easy, but it wouldn't hurt to try to always see each point of view in every situation and try to UNDERSTAND as much as you could. I might be wrong, but this is, of course, my opinion (which has a basis). you are free to have yours and I'm a pretty much open-minded person, so we could always talk about it case you may disagree.

I'm sorry for taking up too much space. I don't usually talk much about stuff like this, but thought I needed to put this up here.

thank you for reading throughout i hope this had somehow added a positive thought or two.

THIRD PERSON

It was half past ten when Haneul got into the elevator, eager to go home after a tiring day from work. She pressed on the button for the parking lot as the doors closed, only to be stopped by a hand, revealing a familiar figure.

Haneul politely smiled at him and they exchanged a few words. He was her client, after all. It was only necessary for them to share a conversation.

"Would you care for a drink or something? Have you eaten yet? Let's eat somewhere."

"Thank you for the offer, Sir. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of things to do and I need to get going now." Haneul bowed with a smile.