20: Artwork

"So are the two of you dating already?"

I blinked away from the intricately arranged artworks in front of me and gradually turned to Taehyung who stood beside me with a childish smile on his lips, hinting he had something interesting going on his mind.

"We've been hanging out," I told him as a matter of fact. "But that's all. Nothing really much to elaborate."

"Are you disappointed?" Taehyung chuckled, and before I could even shoot him an inquisitive look, he quickly added, "No, that's not even the question. Rather than being disappointed, you actually look optimistic about it."

"What are you trying to get at? I'm not even thinking of anything right now."

"Is that so?" He pried, the slyness of his voice rather evident. "Because your face is surprisingly glowing just as we speak of the matter."

"Oh, shush." I made a face and playfully smacked him on the arm.

"Don't be so defensive, Haneul."

"I am not," I retorted. "Don't forget that I know you invited that girl you met at a convention. You better let me meet her."

"I'd rather you not."

"Don't be unf—"

"Oh look! There's Jiminie," announced Taehyung and peered over my shoulder, grinning at some random artwork across the gallery just to trick me.

"Stop messing with me."

"Jiminie," he hollered. "You better take this girl away from me already or I'm going to snatch her this time."

I snorted humorlessly. "Nice acting, I'm totally –"

"Then I shall take her away now."

"– not buying... it."

I turned on my heel with an astonished expression on my face. However, that soon changed as my brows furrowed at how the two exchanged meaningful looks and my eyes went back and forth from Jimin and Taehyung.

"What?" I huffed.

They both chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"Now shoo." Taehyung waved us off with his hand.

"I can't believe you're betraying me like this," I sarcastically said.

Taehyung mocked a sour look all over his face and kept waving me off in a shooing manner. Before I could get back at Taehyung, Jimin had already draped his arm over my shoulder and spun me around whilst chuckling.

The day for Chaerin's exhibit finally arrived. It was evidently a success, judging by the number of people who took interest in dropping by. Plus, I heard that most of the guests were generous enough to donate for the cause.

Artworks of different artists were displayed all over. Even though I wasn't part of the team that brought the project to completion, it delighted me how they still incorporated a few of my initial ideas. Especially the butterflies that almost too realistically adorned the event hall.

"I'm sorry you were removed halfway," Jimin suddenly spoke up. "You didn't really deserve the exclusion."

"It's quite upsetting, if you'd ask me," I admitted and smiled softly at him. "But there are also reasons why I'd rather be thankful that it happened."