6: Illegal

"Haneul-ie," a voice, resembling of a tiny child's, cried through the speaker of my phone.

"I'm on the verge of breaking down. I've been awake for more than 24 hours now, the coffee isn't working anymore, I have to take rounds every single hour, I've only eaten a cookie chip and... I don't know, I can't do this anymore."

More crying noises and sniffles came through the speaker, making me wince at some point at the inconsistent volume pitching up.

I pressed my lips into a thin line, exhaling steadily through my nostrils.

As much as I wanted to go there to personally give Hira a pat on the head and tell her that everything would be alright, I was stuck with my paper work and had my own problems to face as well.

And I still had three more hours left to my shift.

"Hira," I started softy. "I'm really sorry I can't go there immediately like before. But I want you to know that I'm with you, okay? And I'm really worried. If your soul feels like it's about to detach from your body, then go home, eat up and sleep. Your well-being is far more important and I'm sure your parents would agree."

"On another note," I went on. "I know you're strong. You're not the type to give up easily. And I know that the determined side of you won't let you give up on this."

There was a light knock on my desk and I raised a hand up, keeping my gaze low.

My best friend needs me right now, so whoever this is could wait.

"Haneul," drawled Hira. "I love you so much."

A relieved smile tugged on my lips, finding Hira's sudden voice transition really cute. She sounded like a drunk person getting all mushy or like a child getting sober from crying.

"And I love you too. Now get out of that comfort room and annoy the hell out of someone."

Hira chuckled and I heard a clicking sound to which I assumed was her, finally unlocking the cubicle and stepping out of it.

"You'll visit me when you can, right?"

"I will, I will," I assured. "I'm heading there as soon as my shift ends."

"Don't forget to bring food!" she abruptly said and I shook my head, laughing. "I really love you, Haneul."

"Of course you do."

Once our conversation was over, I laid my phone on my desk and snapped my head up, revealing two figures in front of me.

My eyes trailed from Jungkook who then had an uncertain expression etched on his face, then to Jimin who had a scrutinizing look.

Yet more than focusing on his face, my gaze landed on his newly dyed silver hair.

That should be illegal.

There should be some sort of protocol here, only allowing a Park Jimin with black hair to work here. His existence itself was enough of a distraction already, and a colored hair would only then prevent his workers from functioning properly.

Evidence number one being the lady employee a few steps away from my desk.

But anyway, it wasn't like he'd have to bother with that since they own this company. Jimin could walk in with only his boxers on and I doubt anyone would judge him.

Although that was way out of context and I should definitely shove those thoughts out of my head.

"Are you finally done admiring me? I hope you're done getting distracted while at work."