4: Missing Link

THIRD PERSON

Half past nine in the morning, the conference room was filled with shuffling of papers, laptop keys clicking, a few chatters here and there once in a while, and the low humming of the air conditioner.

After their initial meeting earlier together with the other event organizing team members, they were patching up whatever they could finish for the day. Which then included a few more revisions that Haneul had been trying to figure out how to concretize.

Chaerin might have assigned most of the work for Jimin to handle, but she made sure to involve herself rather eagerly.

"What do you have in mind with this?" Haneul handed a sheet of paper to Jungkook. It contained sketches and descriptions that she had been trying to combine to fit Chaerin's suggestions.

She had it at the back of her mind, but she couldn't exactly pull out the idea she wanted. It would float over her thoughts almost hitting the mark, then a second later, she'd get frustrated for not being able to actually put into visuals nor words what she had in mind.

There was something missing, and Haneul could not just let it slip without figuring it out.

Jungkook studied the contents of the paper for a moment, eyes squinting a little before they lit up.

"Hold on, I think I got something that will help you with this." He raised a hand signaling Haneul to wait and reached over to another team member of theirs, seating next to him on the round conference table, showing the sheet and explaining a little.

"Oh, like the one with Ms. Shi," commented the female after Jungkook was done.

"Right, that one." Jungkook nodded.

Leaning forward and glancing their way with a brow raised quizzically, Haneul asked, "Ms. Shi?"

"She was our client while you were on a break," informed Jungkook, eyes focused on the sheet.

"Oh, alright." Haneul slouched back on her seat to relax her shoulders.

"I'll send you the file of the designs."

"Sounds good. Thank you."

Working with a team had taught Haneul several lessons. One of them being the fact that she shouldn't hesitate to ask for help rather than taking everything into her own hands.

Feeling a gaze from a short distance, Haneul instinctively glanced back and her eyes met with Jimin's. She darted her attention away and heaved a steady breath in.

What's with the weird intrigued look?

A faint frown formed on Haneul's lips whilst she turned back to her own work. A notification popped on the tab of her browser, and she immediately checked it. Jungkook had already sent her the file.

Haneul paid attention to the designs with much scrutiny.

Chaerin wanted a nature-related theme, something that resembled of a garden. Perhaps it seemed simple. However, Haneul—always giving deeper thoughts to everything—found a missing link to how they could execute it with meaning.

And maybe she finally found it.

Haneul's eyes glinted with fruition, wondering at the same time how come she hadn't thought of it earlier.