22

I was walking into the diner, wearing my uniform which was definitely too tight for me. The girls wanted me to stop working, they were adamant that I stop working due to being heavily pregnant, but, I didn't want to.

I walked into the back room, it was sort of the staff chill out area. I went to get my drink and I felt liquid slide down my legs, creating a puddle on the floor.

I laughed, did I just pee myself? Lucy walked into the backroom and noticed me standing there with a puddle at my feet. She squealed in delight, "I am going to be a grandmother."

She yelled happily. Lucy sees me as her child, she was never able to have children of her own. She drove me to the hospital and after three hours of labor, my baby was born.

It was a beautiful baby boy. I decided to call him Alex, after my best friend.

On the child birth certificate, I gave Alex the last name of his father's last name, Jacobsen. It has now been a week since I gave birth and I was allowed to take breaks whenever I wanted.

I always had Alex in a crib in the backroom. I was allowed to go and be with him when I needed or wanted to. I got Alex to sleep and I went back to work. I walked over to a table, looking down at my notepad, ready to take an order. "Hey guys, what can I get you?" I asked.

"Well, well, well. Cassidy Jones." As soon as I heard that voice, I froze. The next thing I knew, I was being pushed into the back room. I was pushed up against the wall and I could feel the blade on my neck.

"Did you really think that you could hide from me forever."

He whispered into my ear. "Well, I thought that I could try." I responded, but, it only made him press the blade into my neck further. I cringed from the pain.

I pray that he doesn't notice Alex asleep in the corner. "Why'd you run Cassidy? Was the guilt of killing my brother too much for you?" he asked, I looked into his eyes and felt tears in my own. "You really think that I would do that.

Alex was a brother to me, I love him as my own." I retorted. He loosened a little. "You are the leak, if you are not the leak. Why did you leave?" he asked. On que, Alex woke up and began crying.