7

His jaw tightened at the sight of my arms and then he looked away. I put my hands over my arms, trying to cover them.

At this, Ryder stormed over to me and pulled my arms away. "Don't ever do that again." He almost yelled. I shrank away in fear, and I nodded. Alex noticed my discomfort and yelled at Ryder. "Ryder, leave her alone. You are scaring her."

He said, pointing tongs at him. Ryder let go of me and looked down with sympathy in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. Just don't feel that you have to hide your bruises or scars from anyone. You may think that they are ugly. I don't, I love them. They show me that you are a fighter."

He smiled, I smiled as I looked into his eyes. Alex then coughed, snapping Ryder out of his stare. He then coughed and left the room, leaving me with Alex.

I looked back at Alex, who had a shocked look on his face. "Well, that was new." He laughed, I turned to him with a confused look on my face, "What are you talking about?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders and turned back towards the food. After he had finished making the food, he set a plate of food in front of me, Alex turned back around to dish himself some food.

Before he was done filling his plate up with food, I had already eaten all my food. I was starving. He turned around and saw my empty plate and I let out a little burp.

I sniggered after burping. Alex had a surprised look on his face, "Do you want some more?" he asked, I quickly nodded.

He filled up another plate with food, this time there was a lot more on the plate and sure enough, I ate all of it. "Do you want more?" he asked, "No thank you, I am full."

I sighed in content. He smirked. Ryder then came back into the room.

"Good, you have eaten. You will need to go through some training. You will be sent away for 9 months. Alex will go with you and he will help you train." He said, authority lacing his face. I nodded, Alex smiled and nodded also.

"Good. Go to bed, you are leaving tomorrow to be trained. Cass, before you go, I want to speak to you in my office." Ryder said, while walking out of the room.

"Oh, you are in trouble." Alex laughed.

I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the side. I got up and I put my plate in the sink. I asked a guard where Ryder's office was.

They took me to his office and they waited outside for me. I knocked on the door as I heard a faint, "Come in." I slowly opened the door and I walked in. I shut the door behind me and I turned to see Ryder sitting at his desk.

He gestured for me to come and sit in a seat opposite his desk. I slowly walked over and sat down. I was still wearing the flimsy white dress; my hair was beyond greasy and caked in mud. I felt gross and dirty and I wanted nothing more than to have a shower and some clean clothes.

"I have put some clothes in your room that you will take with you. While you are training,

Alex will get you some new clothes. In your room, you have an en suite. There's towels and toiletries in there for you." He stopped. I thanked him and stood up to leave before he stopped me.