17

I looked back to Ryder and he attempted to follow me, but someone had stopped him. When I turned back around, I walked into someone. I apologised and I looked up to see Lance. Leader of the Red Thorn gang. Fear rushed through me. He looked at me up and down and smirked.

"Maybe, if I had taken better care of you, we would have had more fun." He chuckled evilly. Fear, but mostly disgust came over my face. He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the ground.

"P-please just let me go." I begged as he pulled me out of the main hall. We were now alone, "You would think that from the many times you cried, you would have caught on." He spat. Ryder, save me.

Lance then dragged me into another room and he forcefully kissed me.

I tried to push him away, but, that was no use. He was stronger than me. He slammed me up against the wall, he tugged on my dress, causing a large tear. I punched him, but he slammed me against the wall again, making me weaker.

I punched him, my cries turned into sobs as I kept pushing him away from me. Before he could do anything more, he was pulled off me.

I opened my eyes and Lance was on the floor, with Ryder on top of him. I fell to the floor and watched as Ryder beat Lance. With all my might, I called out for Ryder.

He looked to me, then back at Lance who was now unconscious, he sighed and crawled over to me, then he picked me up bridal style and walked me out to the car, he placed me in the driver's seat and drove off.

I sat in the front seat and I looked off into the distance. Every once and a while, I would look over to Ryder. His fists were tightly gripped on the steering wheel and his jaw tightened.

I called his name, at the sound of my voice, he lightened his grip but, he didn't reply. We arrived back at the gang house, Ryder hopped out of the car, walked over to my side and picked me up bridal style again. I looked at him, with my arm around his neck.

I kept my gaze on him and he didn't look at me once. I must have spoiled his evening. We walked inside, the whole house was vacant, everyone was still at the ball.

"Sorry." I muttered, with tears beginning to fall. I looked up as Ryder sat me down. He looked at me confused, he kneeled to the floor and cupped my face in his hands, wiping my tears away with his thumb, "What are you apologizing for?"

I locked my eye with him and stuttered, "I have ruined your night." His jaw stiffened. And without saying anything else, he kissed me.

The next thing I knew was Ryder carrying me up to my bedroom. Things got heated quickly. He looked at the scars from Lance and he kissed them.

We laid there under the covers, this was the first time where I actually felt safe.

The next day, I woke up and mine and Ryder's legs were tangled and my arm and head were resting on his chest, I wish that we could stay like this forever, yet we couldn't. Ryder got up and untangled my body from his. He kissed my head and he walked over to the shower room.