1

HELLO DEAR READERS!! I STARTED THIS STORY WHEN I WAS 17. RE-EDITING NOW BECAUSE WHY NOT!!  I AM GOING TO ADD IT AS A NEW STORY SO THE VERSION WILL BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT.

IT WILL BE CALLED the Return. I will write it here when i have completed and uploaded it. 

My mother loved me once, I was sure that she did. I really struggled to remember the last time that she told me that she loved me. The last time she hugged me or kissed me goodnight.

I suppose that it was easy for me to understand why.

I reminded her of my father.

With every passing day, my heart ached from missing him. He was my best friend.

The day he died, I was only eight years old.

He left me behind with a woman who turned cold.

She stopped loving me the night my father died. I reminded her too much of him and that broke her heart.

She missed him too much to love me.

The night my father died, she gave up hoping.

She turned to drugs and alcohol to numb the pain of losing him. She drank and drugged herself out of a job and out of our family home. In the end, we had to move into an apartment on a shady part of town.

One night, I woke up to a loud commotion.

As I sat up, I heard someone yelling at my mother. He was incredibly angry.

After it went silent for a moment, I climbed out to my bed which was a mattress on the floor and I went over to the closed door to see what was happening.

Before I could reach the door, it swung open revealing my mother and a large man.

He looked to be in his twenties but was well built. He had scars on his face and arms making him look scary. As an eight year old, seeing a large man taller than my father was with a scary looking face was what nightmares were made of.

Once his eyes landed on me he smirked.

"She's perfect. Give her to me and I will settle your debt and even give you a freebie." He said, his eyes were fixated on mine.

I looked at my mum as my body trembled.

She didn't even hesitate to nod at the man before turning and walking away.

As he stepped closer, I screamed calling out for my mother who didn't bother to turn to look at me.

The large man came and grabbed me by the wrist, I screamed and tried to pull away but he was so strong that nothing I did made a difference.

As he pulled me out of the room, I grabbed my mother's hand but she pulled it from me and turned her head towards the man. "Where is it then?" she asked, her hands fidgeting.

The man rolled his eyes and pulled out a small back of white powder and continued dragging me out before muttering under his voice. "Crack whore." He chuckled.