8

"Before you go, I want you to tell me what happened." He demanded.

I flinched and turned back to face him. "Please. I don't want to talk about it." I begged.

"Tell me." he demanded. I turned away from him, "It started a long time ago. I woke up in the middle of the night. I was being dragged out of bed. I begged for my mum to save me, but, she was counting money. She sold me. I was thrown into a trunk of a car and they took me to Lance's. It just got worse. I slept in the basement. They done a lot of horrible things to me. I have the worst scars from them, mainly on my back though."

I said, still with my back to him. I did my best to hold back the tears, but, they wanted to fall. I contained them, "How long?" he asked.

My heart shattered and the tears fell. "Twelve years." I whispered. He gasped.

"How old are you?" he asked, getting up from his seat. "I am twenty years old, they took me when I was only eight." I cried, I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

Somehow, I didn't flinch, I wasn't afraid. I felt warmth. I turned to look at him, I looked down at his feet. He used his finger to lift my chin, my eyes then met his and he placed a small kiss on my lips. "Get some sleep Cassidy."

He said, turning away from me. I sighed and walked back to my bedroom. I went into the shower room, I stripped down and got into the shower.

The shower hit my shoulders with force. The mud and blood drained from my body and went down the plug hole, ready to be forgotten.

I scrubbed my body until it was red. All my scars were fully visible, but, that didn't mean much to me. Not anymore. I must have been in the shower for hours. It felt so good to be clean. For the first time in years, I was clean and my skin was visible.

I stepped out of the shower and there was a bag of clothes in the bathroom, there was also a lot of toiletries. I shaved all my hair off. I finally felt like a girl again.

I brushed the knots out of my hair, although chunks of hair came out. My hair was brown, I had no idea. I looked into the mirror, although I had bruises and scars, I felt comfortable.

I had never seen what I looked like before, this was the first time.

I looked through the bag of clothes and pulled out some underwear and PJ's.

I slipped them on and I walked back into my bedroom. I pulled the covers back and I got into the bed. I was out like a light, I didn't have time to think about the kiss that me and Ryder had shared. The next morning, I woke up to the sound of pounding on my door.

"Cass, it's Alex. Get your backside up and come down for breakfast." He yelled.

I laughed and got up. I went into the bathroom and I brushed my teeth, then I combed my hair. I ran out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen.

There was around five people downstairs that I had never met before, as well as Alex. I walked into the room slowly, when everyone saw me, they stopped.

A girl got up and she walked over to me, she held her hand out and I shook it. "Nice to meet you, my name is Elizabeth." She smiled. I smiled back, relaxing immediately.