4

The cold air nipped at my feet and legs and everywhere else.

I kept running, until I stupidly looked back and tripped over the roots of a tree. I tumbled to the floor and the men stood over me.

One of the men stopped and put his hand against the tree and they were more out of breath than me. I stood up, preparing to run away.

"Who are you?" the first man asked, he was tall with dark blonde hair, he also had a dragon tattoo on his wrist which was red and the other man had a matching one.

Not another gang.

I didn't reply, my mouth was practically stitched shut in fear.

The first guy grabbed my arm, making it throb. I winced, but thankfully he didn't notice. "I believe he asked you a question." He sounded a bit annoyed.

"Cassidy, my name is Cassidy." I breathed out. "Well, that wasn't too hard, now was it?" the first man laughed.

"We cannot leave her here, she saw us kill him." The second man said, nodding his head back towards where the body was.

I shiver went down my spine as the thought of them taking me with them. "We'll take her with us then." The first guy chirped.

Panic set it, I struggled away from their grip. I socked the first guy in the nose, immediately making it bleed. I then took off running, I didn't get very far when the second guy yelled, "Stop. Run again and we will kill you."

"You couldn't have said that before she broke my nose." The man howled.

I stopped dead in my tracks and I turned back around to face the men. I put my arms in the air in surrender.

I sheepishly walked back towards them, every step I took was pure agony. The one that I had hit had his hands still clutched over his now broken nose.

A sense of satisfaction ran through me, I was happy that after everything, I finally managed to hurt someone back.

The two men, then escorted me back to their car and I was taken against my own will, again.

We walked back to their car and passed the body that was on the ground which already had fallen leaves setting up camp on him.

I definitely was born without any luck.

When the first guy opened the door, the light shone on me and then they got a better look at me. I was badly bruised with scars on my neck and back.

I had bruises all over and I had a black eye, my dress was covered with tears, blood and mud. I was a total mess.

My arms were on show and had burn marks and bruises on them. I was also overly skinny, I was given barely anything to eat. Only enough to survive.

Nothing to live on. I stood by the car, shaking as the men stared at me.

The second guy coughed and pulled a blanket out. He wrapped it around me and I gave him a soft smile, the first smile in fifteen years, after my father died, I never smiled. This was the first. "Cassidy, how did you end up like this?" he asked.