Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Kendall Sparks saw Vincent and his friends fighting. Everyone was holding their own, even Landon. Finally, the fighting died down. Something pushed Kendall to the ground. Neal Bartron stood over him with a gun. Vincent ran over to them. Neal pointed the gun at Kendall. Vincent looked at Neal desperately. 

"Please Neal, put the gun away." Vincent pleaded.

"You killed my grandfather. You deserve this and Kendall seems to mean the world to you. Vivian is next."

"All this time, you wanted to come after me. Does Henry know?" Vincent asked.

"Of course not. And I wanted Vivian too. At first, I just wanted Vivian, but then I found out about you and I couldn't resist. I was going to kill you, but I found your weakness. Losing the people you love. Like Kendall and Vivian. That would destroy you." Vincent knew that was true.

"Just kill me. Let them live."

Neal shook his head. "It's too late for that now." He pushed the gun closer to Kendall's head. He was about to pull the trigger, but something stopped him. Neal fell down. A knife was in his back. His eyes stayed open. He was dead. Vincent and Kendall looked for who did it. Landon stood before them. They stared in shock. The fairy with no powers and no wings saved them. 

"I couldn't let him kill you." Landon stated.

"Thank you." Kendall gave him a small smile.

"It's the least I can do after all the trouble I've caused, especially since you'll be my brother-in-law one day." Landon offered Kendall his hand. Kendall took it and got to his feet.

"Where's Viv?"

I opened my eyes and glanced at the roof. Henry must have realized I wasn't really there. I flew to the top of the building. Henry had his back to me. He spun around.

"You truly are the most amazing fairy out there." He mused. "Do you realize what you could do." 

"Yes, but I don't want to be someone's weapon or tool. I'll never join you." I said sternly.

"I know that now." He looked behind me and nodded. I felt something on my wing. I started to turn around, but my wing was snapped. I cried out in pain. Kendall's parents were there. They broke my wing. I had to get out of here. I moved towards the builing's stairs. Ronald grabbed my arm and pulled me back. Henry pushed me and I stumbled backwards. I looked around and fear consumed me. I fell off the building. I tried to fly, but my wing was broken. I screamed and prepared to hit the ground.