Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Vincent Bloomingdale walked with Kinglsey into Aaron's and Valerie's bridal shower. He saw her at a table and said he'd be right back. He hustled to Cynthia. He was attending this shower with both women. He cared about both and didn't want to hurt them. But tonight he would tell them his decision. Cynthia smiled at him. He greeted her and she hugged him.

"I want a drink." She stated.

"I'll get you one." He hurried away. She stared at him with confusion. First, he drops her off, then leaves and now he couldn't wait to get away from her. She decided to peek into his future. When they started dating, she gave him privacy. Unlike Henry, she could trust Vincent. She closed her eyes. Visions flooded to her mind. She gasped and a tear rolled down her face. 

Vincent and Kingsley sat at a table. She was talking, but he was distracted by guilt and worry. Someone cleared their throat.

"Hey Cynthia." Kingsley smiled. Kendall and Vivian joined them.

"Hey guys." Vivian beamed. She grinned. Kendall wrapped his arm around her and she put her head on his shoulder. The others watched them with warmth. Cynthia turned her attention to Vincent. She suddenly blurted it all out.

"Vincent, I know what you're doing." This took them off guard. "You're dating Kingsley." Vincent stared at her in shock, Kendall's jaw dropped, and Vivian's eyes widened. Kingsley sat in confusion.

"So, we're dating. How's that bad?" She asked. 

"He's dating me too." Cynthia explained.

Kingsley turned to Vincent. "Is this true?"

"Yes, it is." Vincent looked away. Nobody talked for a long time. They all felt uncomfortable. Vivian pulled away from Kendall. 

"I'm going to get a drink." She excused herself. She went to the table with many drinks. There was soda, tea, punch, and water. She grabbed a water.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes." She turned around. Jerry Scottsdale smiled at her.

"Jerry, hi." She forced a small grin. He stared at her with admiration.

"How is your night going?" Jerry asked.

"Complicated." She replied thoughtfully.

"Is there anything I can do?" Jerry offered.

"No, it's fine." She took a sip of water.

"Is it Kendall?" Jerry asked.

"What? No!" Vivian became slightly annoyed.

"Sorry I asked." Jerry said. "I wish I could make you feel better."

"Thank you, Jerry." She smiled. He took a deep breath and started to lean foward. 

"Jerry-" His mouth touched hers. She pulled back, taken by surprise. She suddenly became angry. Vivian slapped him. Jerry rubbed his cheek.

"Why did you do that again?" Vivian demanded.

"Because I like you." Jerry replied.

"Well she doesn't like you." A voice snapped. "Why don't you leave?"

"Stay out of this, Kendall." Jerry fired back. 

"She doesn't want you." Kendall glared at him. 

"Because she wants you? Your own parents don't even want you." Kendall was enraged. He was trying to remain in control.

Vincent Bloomingdale sat with Cynthia and Kingsley in complete silence. Finally, Kingsley spoke.

"Vincent, please decide. I can't take this anymore."

"Giving up so easy, Kingsley?" Cynthia snarled.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Kingsley asked.

"You can't handle." Cynthia said.

"I'll handle you." The next thing that happened was the shower broke into chaos.