Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Vincent read through the note many times. He had told me that Kieran was the fairy he killed in 1914. Kieran was Neal's grandfather, or at least that was what we assumed. It was weird that they were connected. Maybe that was why Neal started this.

"We'll stop him, Vincent." I reassured him. He smiled.

"Thank you, brown eyes." He left the house. I looked at Kendall, raising my eyebrows. I was silently asking if we should follow. He nodded. We went outside. Vincent hadn't taken a car. He must have ran. We got into Kendall's car and drove into the middle of Manhattan. We saw Vincent on the curb. Kendall pulled over and I bolted to Vincent. He looked up and saw me.

"Sorry. I needed to clear my head." I sat next to him and told him it was fine. Two girls sauntered up to Kendall. They started giggling.

"Oh heck no." I glared at them. Vincent laughed. Then I realized they weren't flirting. One hit Kendall with a tire iron. Vincent and I shot off the curb. The girls stepped backwards when they saw us. 

"What is your problem?" I demanded.

"We kill vampires."

"He's with me and I'm a fairy." I pulled out my wings. They gasped and exchanged looks.

"Kendall Sparks and Vivian Donaldson." One girl said, looking behind us. I was about to turn around, but something hit me in the head. I don't remember anything after that.

Hours later, we sat tied to chairs in a closed restaurant. They again wanted Kendall and I for power. I'm guessing they were going to kill Vincent.

"We want to restore the order you broke. Did you know that people have bounties for you. The supernatural world wants you dead." A voice hissed.

"So are you going to kill us?" Kendall asked.

"No. We're going to sell you."

"We are people, not items." I stated.

"You should have thought of that before you started changing everything."

"Let us go." Vincent snapped.

"We have no problem killing you." A voice growled.