Chapter 9

Chapter 9

We spun around. The two girls that knocked us out were there and a middle aged man. There were also a few bodyguards. We're outnumbered by far. I wrapped my arms around Kendall and took off. I managed to get us over the wall before they could catch us. I felt dizzy and landed clumsily. I set Kendall down and l sat against the wall to catch my breath.

"Brown eyes, we've got to go." Vincent helped me to my feet. I nodded. Kendall examined me and realized I wasn't well enough to move.He picked me up. He and Vincent sprinted away from the wall.

We got home and my mom ransacked us with questions. Vincent handled answering them. After many questions and something to eat, we sat on the couch.

"Ken, brown eyes, can I talk to Cynthia alone?" Vincent asked.

"Sure." We went outside.

"He's going to tell her about Kingsley." I stated.

"They'll be going by themselves to the shower." Kendall pointed out.

"Yea." I sucked in a breath. "It's for the best. He can't fool them forever." 

"You're right." Kendall agreed.

"Speaking of the bridal shower, are you going?" I hinted.

"Why wouldn't I-" He smiled. "Will you go to the bridal shower with me?"

I grinned. "Of course." He kissed me. We heard the door open and shot apart. Vincent joined us.

"What happened in there?" I asked.

"Nothing really." Vincent looked away.

"Did you tell her?" Kendall asked.

"Tell her what?" 

"Vincent!"

"Brown eyes, don't be mad." Vincent looked at me.

"Vincent, stop stalling." Kendall said.

"I'm going to the bridal shower with Cynthia." He stopped. "And Kingsley."

Later on, I sat on the couch with Kendall. Vincent had gone to see Kingsley. Kendall and I were watching the final episode of Gossip Girl. Blair and Chuck had gotten married. Gossip Girl was about to be revealed. I watched Kendall, waiting for his reaction.

He gasped. "No way!" 

"It's always the person you least expect." I smiled as Kendall balked at the screen. My mom entered the room. 

"Vivian, we have a visitor." Kendall and I stood. 

"Who?" A figure stood by her.

"Landon."