Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After Lydia and Ronald left, we all started to calm down. I sat by Kendall and Kingsley on the couch. 

"Vee, that was really neat." Kingsley said.

"And unexpected." Kendall took my hand. 

"I didn't want there to be another fight." 

"Well, you saved us from one." Vincent joined us. So did my mom.

"Was that mind control?" 

"Yes, it was." I replied.

"You really have a lot of power." My mom stated.

Later on, I had to go help plan for my dad's wedding. Valerie was picking out cakes while Skylar and I picked the final choices for dresses. I watched Skylar leafed through the choices. She held a pink one out to me.

"Try this on." She pushed me towards a dressing room. I put it on. When I came out, Valerie and Skylar examined the dress.

"I like it." Valerie said.

"Me too." Skylar agreed. Valerie pulled out her phone. She frowned.

"I have to go meet with Aaron and the pastor. Skylar, can you make it home on your own?" 

"I could catch a ride with Vivian." Skylar turned to me.

"I didn't bring a car." I informed her.

"Did you get a ride?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Walk?"

"I flew." I said. Her eyes widened.

"Can you fly Skylar home?" Valerie asked.

"Mom!" Skylar screeched.

"You'd be totally safe." I reassured her.

"Fine, but don't drop me." She snapped. Valerie said goodbye to us. I walked outside and went into a cleared area. Skylar followed. I pulled out my wings and wrapped my arms around her. I jumped into the air. Skylar started screaming.

"Be quiet. I don't want people to notice us." She closed her mouth and looked around.

"What's that?"  She pointed to the sky.I looked to where she was pointing. An object was coming towards us. I felt like I'd seen it before. I gasped. It was another missile. I started flapping faster.

"Vivian, what is it?" Skylar asked. The missile came into view. Skylar started screaming again. I flew as fast as I could. Which really freaked Skylar out. She turned pale. Don't barf on me. I wanted to say. She wasn't screaming anymore.

"You're so fast." She wheezed. Skylar's house came into view and I darted for it. The missile disappeared behind us.

I set Skylar down. She sprawled on the ground, gasping for air. I sat next to her. 

"Wow." She breathed. "That was a rush."

"Sorry. That usually doesn't happen." She put her head on my shoulder.

"Am I your first passenger?"

"No. I flew with Kendall a couple of times." I responded.

"Are you kidding? He's like twice you size." She removed her head from my shoulder.

"My wings are stronger than my arms." I stood. "Do you feel well enough to move?"

"I'm fine. Vivian, put your wings away before someone sees them." I pulled them in.

"Do you want to come inside?" I shrugged and followed her. Her living room was right in front. She led me to the couch and went to the kitchen. She brought me a coke. I opened it and took a sip.

"How's Kendall?" Skylar asked.

"Fine."

"And?"

"He's good."

"What? We're step-sisters-to-be and you can't give me the interesting details on your relationship?"

"There's no problems." Besides the supernatural world after us, Kendall's parents wanting him to kill me to become immortal, and me hiding that his best friend is cheating on Kingsley with my mom. Yea, no problems. 

"Boring." She waved it off. "Are you bringing Kendall to the bridal shower?"

"Most likely." I responded.

"Most likely?"

"Yes, most likely." I checked the time. It was 5:30. "I better go."

"Bye Vivian."

"Bye."