Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I ran to hug my brother. He hugged me back. I started a rampage of questions. 

"How was France? Are you here for dad's wedding? Are you staying longer? How do you feel? Did mom fill you in on what happened?"

"Vivvy, give me a chance to settle before you ask all of these questions." 

"So you're here to stay?" I asked.

"I am." He replied. I grinned. Landon looked at Kendall. "I see you have taken good care of my little sister."

"I wouldn't let anything happen to her." Kendall said.

"Thank you." Kendall gave him a nod.

Landon turned to my mom. "What are we doing for Vivvy's birthday?"

"I can't tell you." My mom gave him a serious look.

The next two days passed fast. It was the day before the bridal shower and we were setting up the dining area. It was all outside. I was setting up decorations when an arm went around my waist. I jumped and the person chuckled.

"Kendall!" I yelled. He laughed harder. I gave him an annoyed look.

"I'm sorry, Viv." He gave me a lost puppy face.

"It's fine." I kissed him and resumed my work. "The flower goes in the middle." I handed him several vases. He went to work, putting them on the tables. He put them perfectly in place.  Landon came in and greeted my dad. Valerie put him to work. He set up chairs. Skylar and Jerry entered. Kendall smiled at Jerry. They're friends now? The last time I saw Jerry, he tried to kiss me. Kendall glanced at me.

"Something wrong, Viv?" He asked.

"Not at all." I lied.

"Viv?" He tried again.

"Are you and Jerry friends?" I asked.

"We're friendly, not friends. He was supportive when you were kidnapped." He replied.

"I'm not sure if he's trustful." I looked at Jerry across the grass. Even though he apologized for trying to kiss me, he still did it when he knew I was with Kendall.

"Viv, we don't have to be best friends. Just be nice, okay?" He took my hands and kissed my cheek.

"Okay." I gave in. 

"Hey Romeo and Juliet, get back to work!" Skylar called. Jerry stood behind her. He seemed almost wistful. Kendall didn't notice. We started putting up more vases.

After we finished, everyone went home to rest up for tomorrow. I said goodbye to Kendall and walked to my room. When I got there, I saw the window and gasped. It was words written on it. 

"Mom!" I heard her run upstairs. She came in my room and saw the window. I'll see you on your 17th birthday.  My mom stared at it a little longer.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"Go to bed, Vivian."

"But mom-"

"Vivian, go to bed." She snapped. She sighed. "I'm sorry. I just can't take this anymore." She left the room. I stared at the note again. My birthday was over a one week away.