Chapter 12

Chapter 12

We arrived at the bridal shower and Valerie hurried to us. 

"Have you seen the wedding pictures?" She asked. She looked frantic.

"We just got here." I answered her.

"Well, keep an eye out." She scuttled away. My dad greeted us and gave Landon and I a hug. 

"What's going on with your pictures?" Landon asked.

"We think someone stole them. We have the security talking to the guest about it." He sounded worried too. "Does anyone have an aspirin?"

"Oh here." I reached into my bag. My fingers brushed something unfamiliar. Confusion covered my face. My dad gave me a questioning stare. He grabbed my bag and looked inside.

"Vivian." He seemed hurt.

"What?" I asked. I didn't know what was in the bag, but it hadn't been there before. 

"Why'd you do it?"

"Do what?" I demanded.

"Is this your way of sabotaging the wedding?" His voice rose.

"What are you talking about?" I shouted.

Kendall stepped in. "Mr. Donaldson, tell us what's wrong." My dad pulled something out of the bag. The wedding pictures. I gasped.

"Dad, I don't know how those got in there." My voice cracked. A crowd gathered around us. Skylar watched too. A smile was on her face. I glared at her. We were getting along and then she set me up.

"Vivian, I expected more out of you." My dad sounded disappointed. 

"I didn't do it." I protested. He looked torn. Valerie and Skylar joined the argument. My dad studied my face.

"Aaron, are you going to punish her?" Valerie asked.

My dad shook his head. "I believe her, Val." He turned to Skylar. 

"Did you set up Vivian?"

"No." She replied. My dad examined her face.

"You're lying." My dad had the power to tell if a person was lying or not.

"I wanted to make her suffer." Skylar snapped.

"Aaron, let's do this later." Valerie said. The crowd scattered. My dad nodded and he and Valerie hurried away. I glowered at Skylar.

"I don't want to be your sister." She growled.

"In my mind, our sister relationship is nonexistent." I walked away. Kendall ran up behind me.

"Viv, wait." I stopped.

"I don't think we'll ever be sisters." I said.

"Let's not talk about that and enjoy the party." He hugged me.