Chapter 8

Chapter 8

We started trying to untie ourselves with little success. I grumbled. One of the girls came in. She had strawberry blonde hair. She stared at us.

"Kendall." When she said his name it sounded like she was singing. She almost sounded like an angel. Then it dawned on me. Her voice was able to draw people too her. That was her power. She untied him and stepped back.

"Come here." She grabbed a knife and cut her arm. She held the wound to him. "You know you want too." She was trying to turn him. I pictured her arms bounded to her side. She stiffened. A smile appeared on my face. Kendall snapped out of her spell. He untied me and then Vincent.

"Well, that was interesting." Vincent rubbed his wrists. I kept my hold on the girl.

"Let go of me." Vincent and Kendall opened the door. 

"C'mon Viv." Kendall took my hand and towed me to the door. We hurried outside.

"Viv, I've never seen you like that."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When you used your mind control, you smiled. You enjoyed it. That's not you." He met my gaze.

"Talk about this later." Vincent said. "We need to figure out how to get out of here." I searched the grounds. There was a huge wall around it.

"I could fly us over." I suggested.

"Do you think you can?" Vincent asked.

"I'm willing to try." I replied.

Kendall shook his head. "It's a big tole on you."

"Okay, let's wait until they find us and then ask if we can leave. I'm sure they'll let us." My voice was full of sarcasm.

"Why are you acting like this?" Kendall demanded.

"I'm tired of not doing anything."

"You need to be protected." He insisted.

"If I hear that one more time, I think I might explode." I snapped.

"So you want me to let you get hurt? To not keep you safe?" He looked astonished.

  "I want to be able to protect myself. I can't always depend on you."

"Yes you can." We made eye contact.

"You can't always be there." I protested.

"I want to be." He moved closer to me.

"You can't. Do you want me to be defenseless? Henry may be crazy, but he was right. Our protectiveness weakens us." I kept my eyes on his.

"We have to be protective of each other."

"Sometimes maybe. The reason we're so protective is that we could lose each other at any moment. We already have. But we can't change that. We need to protect ourselves and each other." He hugged me.

"We'll work on it."

"I hate to interrupt the romantic moment, but we need to get out of here." Vincent said. We pulled apart. I took out my wings.

"Who wants to go first?" They shrugged. I sighed and wrapped my arms around Vincent. I got us into the air. My muscles told me this was to much.

"You weigh more than Kendall. How is that possible?" 

"Kendall is 6'1 and I'm 6'4. There's going to be a difference." He stared at me.

"You really tall." I said.

"That's because you're like 4'1."

"More like 5'5." I corrected.

"Still short." He grinned.

"I'm not that short." I insisted.

"Keep telling yourself that." He chuckled.

"Oh, shut up." We had just gotten over the wall. I set him down.

"Be right back." I leaped into the air. The wall was pretty large. I flew over it and landed next to Kendall.

"Ready?"

"Not so fast, Mr. Sparks, Miss Donaldson. You're not going anywhere."