Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Vincent and I walked into my house. He called Kendall to check on him. Kendall didn't answer. That worried me even more. We waited for someone to come through the door. Finally, my mom and Kingsley opened the door. I hurried to them.

"Is Kendall with you?" I asked.

"No, he's with your dad." My mom responded. Kingsley saw my freaked out expression and attempted to comfort me.

"Vee, Kendall will be fine. He can defend himself." 

"I hope so." I said.

"Vivian, you should get some sleep." My mom told me. "Kendall will be here tomorrow."

"Alright." I trudged upstairs to my room and climbed into bed. I was so tired that I didn't even bother changing my dress. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

The next morning, I felt someone kiss my forehead. I opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was Kendall's beautiful blue eyes. He smiled down at me. Relief filled me.

"I was so worried about you." I blurted out. I pushed off the covers and threw my arms around him. He hugged me back. 

"Why are you still in your dress?" He asked.

"I was really tired last night."

"I was too." He smiled.

"What happened with my dad?" I asked.

"We just talked. He said that I need to shape up if I want to be with you." Kendall brushed the strands of hair out of my face.

"I'm really sorry about that." 

"It's not you fault. I shouldn't have lost it on Jerry. I should have known you'd never cheat on me." He kissed me.

"I wouldn't cheat on you." I agreed.

"I know. I love you for that, among other things." I pulled him closer. My mom appeared at the door.

"Hello Kendall. I didn't hear you come in. Please tell me you didn't stay the night."

"No, I just got here. I wanted to see Vivian." He took my hand.

"I'm glad you did." I said.

"Why don't we go eat?" My mom suggested.

"Okay." We followed her downstairs. Vincent was at the table with Kingsley. They wouldn't look at each other. Kendall and I sat next to them. My mom stayed standing. She set food in front of us. I didn't touch it. Neither did Kendall. We watched the others with curiosity.

"So, how was everyone's night?" I asked.

"Okay." Vincent responded. He wouldn't look at my mom or Kingsley.

"Fine." Kingsley stared at the wall.

"I've had better." My mom answered me.

"It was okay, but this morning was better." Kendall was the only enthusiastic one.

"That's good." I gave him a grateful for being so positive.

"Are you excited to be 17?" Kingsley asked.

"Very." I grinned.

"You'll catch up to Kendall."

"Child." Kendall teased.

"Two months." I argued.

"And 14 days." He protested.

"Don't you two have school?" Vincent asked.

"We do." Kendall and I stood. He took my hand and we went to school.

Diana greeted me in first hour. Her red hair was pulled back into barrettes. 

"Hey, I just got an invitation to your birthday party this morning. A masquerade is so cool." She beamed.

"Yea, I'm excited too." I smiled.

"Well good. Your birthday it suppose to be exciting." She said. We took out our books and prepared for class.