Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I heard nervous murmurs and worried cries. I felt an arm tighten around my waist.

"Stay close to me." Kendall whispered.

"Will everyone please calm down." A voice called. It was my dad's. "We're trying to fix it." I heard more murmurs. Then something clicked. The lights flickered on. Everyone returned to what they were doing.

"I'll be right back." Kendall scuttled away. I watched him go to the snack bar and refill the chip bowls.

"Vivian Donaldson?" Someone called my name. A boy with short hair handed me a note. V.H.D was writing on it. I read it. Go outside or Kendall dies. I glanced over at Kendall. Neal stood close to him, gun in hand. I hurried to Vincent.

"Henry sent me this note. Neal is near Kendall with a gun." I handed him the note. He read it.

"Don't go." He stated.

"I have too. Neal is going to shoot him." I could hear the panic in my voice.

"He would rather be shot than you go into their hands."

"You would do the same, if you were me." He didn't deny this.

"Maybe, but you would try to stop me too." He protested.

"So, we just let him get shot?"

"No, I could-" I cut him off.

"If you move toward him, Neal will shoot him." Vincent sighed, realizing there was no way out of this. I walked to the front door and went outside. There was a group of people out there. I recognized the two fairy girls and the two vampire guys. Where they here to watch us die?

Kendall Sparks was refilling the chip bowls when he noticed Vivian was nowhere to be seen. He saw Vincent and rushed to him. 

"Where's Viv?" Kendall asked. Vincent glanced to where Neal stood, but he was gone. Vincent cussed under his breath. 

"Neal and Henry tricked us. They sent brown eyes a note to go outside or you die." 

"You let her go?" Kendall's voice rose.

"Neal had a gun, Ken." Vincent told him.

"I would have rather him shoot me, then let her go out there." Kendall growled.

"You would have done the same thing, if the positions were reversed." Vincent pointed out. 

 "We have to go after her." Kendall started for the door. Vincent rounded up Leon, Ryan, Claudia, Diego, Landon, and Kingsley. Vincent searched for Cynthia. He didn't see her. They went after Kendall. When they got outside, Vincent spotted the group of people. He recognized the two fairy girls. The group charged at them. Diego and Ryan teamed up against a couple of vampires. Claudia and Leon held their own. Even Landon was doing well. Vincent lunged at a vampire.