"Introductions. You: Harry Potter, powerful enough wizard, well-known, and dark forces love nothing more than to mess with your life. Me: Nico Di Angelo." He paused. "Though, you already knew that didn't you?"

I felt my face redden. He couldn't have known about my vision. I hardly even remembered the kid. All I remembered was a prophecy, his name, and the name of another boy he was within the vision. They were all scattered and detached pieces to a puzzle that wouldn't end any time soon.

"You had a vision about me," Nico stated as if reading my mind. "I could tell you recognized me from the moment you stepped foot into Mrs. Weasley's living room."

"You could tell that because you recognized me," I said back. "I knew we'd recognized each other. What was your vision about?" I asked.

Just two teenage boys having a casual conversation about predicting the future and looking into different people's lives. Nothing to see here.

"All I remember is your name. A source continued to tell me to find you, it was a woman's voice. She wouldn't shut up. I don't remember the rest of the dream completely. What do you remember?" Nico asked.

"Your name," I recalled. "Your name, a boy's name, and a prophecy."

Nico sat up suddenly.

"A prophecy, you remember an entire Prophecy and you just forgot to mention it?" Nico said accusingly.

"In my defense, how exactly do you start a conversation along those lines? 'Hello, Nico. I know you're new here and all, so welcome to Hogwarts! By the way, I had a dream about you and a prophecy was included! Have a nice school year!' Do you really think that would have gone over well? Half of the world thinks I'm already losing my sanity. I didn't want you to be the person to confirm that rumor." Nico tapped his foot impatiently. He was tense, agitated, and looked exhausted beyond words. I didn't want to push his buttons further, but I was all of those things too. We were similar in that way, and I think we were about to discover our other similarities.

"Whatever. Just tell me the prophecy."

"How do I know I can trust you?" I asked, which was true. He'd just arrived in our lives out of nowhere, and at the worst possible time. Not only was the return of Voldemort soon going to be upon us, but now I had a boy who was having visions about my life. I didn't like this one bit, but complaining wasn't going to get me any closer to figuring out what in Merlin's name is going on.

"You can't, same as I can't know if I can trust you. I suggest we both just go out on a whim here, because I don't see either of us having any other options. I have a feeling your friends won't respond well if you tell them about your dreams. You're stuck with me, and I'm stuck with you until we figure this all out. Is that reason enough?"

He had me at a loss for words. I couldn't find a way out of this. I was stuck. Unfortunately, Nico was my only way out. Not that I had anything against him, but I just wished I knew more about him to trust him. It's the whole villain instinct I was referring to, I see everything as a potential threat.

"Okay, I guess I can trust you." I looked under my bed and pulled out my trunk. Out of my trunk, I took out a piece of parchment paper, a quill, and some new ink.

I wrote down the lines of the prophecy and read them aloud to Nico.

"Mother has angered magic, she's gone back on her word.

Half-Bloods are welcomed to a new, magical world.

The man in black is a villain, gone weak

Immortality is what he will seek

Light and dark listen in; not part of the plan.