29| Changes

Skylar POV

I woke up to the sounds of laughter and Anita Baker playing downstairs. I slowly walked downstairs to see my mom and some guy having a good time. I guess that's who she was with last night. She actually looked happy. I stood at the middle of the stairs just watching them until she turned around and saw me.

"Oh hey baby! There's somebody I want you to meet" She announced , expecting me to come over but I stayed planted firm on the steps.

They both walked over to me , standing at the bottom of the steps

"Skylar this is Darrel. Darrel this is my baby that I was telling you about" My mom introduced

"Hey, Your mom has told me so much about you its nice to finally meet you" He said nervously

They both searched Sky's eyes for approval as if they were two teenagers and she was the mother.

After about 10 seconds of silence that easily felt like 10 minuets Skylar finally spoke up

"Yea, nice to meet you too"

Claudine and Darrel both dropped their shoulders and let out a sigh of relief, smiling at her. Skylar gave a half smile to them both

"Well I'll leave you two alone" Skylar said akwardly going back to her room.

I Cant believe this. I love my mom and I want her to be happy but after all these years of it being just us I don't know if I'll be able to adjust to him. Maybe this is just a temporary thing..

Skylar just shook the thoughts away and began to get ready to go. She had nowhere that she was going in particular but she didnt want to be there with her mom and Darrel.

I decided to wear my black sweater that had Damn it feels good to be a gangsta on the front, black tights, my snapback that read Anti-Social with my black suede Fenty Creepers. I grabbed my phone and key then headed downstairs. They were so caught up in one another I slipped by unnoticed.

"Kids these days. "
I said to myself then slowly shut and locked the door.

I strolled slowly, trying to figure out what I wanted to do.

"Damn, I should have thought this out first"
I said face palming myself and shaking my head.

I then heard a door open. I looked up and saw Rakim coming out and I wanted so badly to turn invisible. It was way too late to dodge him, he'd already seem me because he was smirking at me.

I just continued to stroll hoping he'd ignore me like he did yesterday.

"So I guess we aint speaking? "
He asked

"I dont know, you tell me. "
I said still keeping my stroll.

"Hold up. What's the problem? " Rakim asked, grabbing me by my forearm

"Its not a problem, I'm good"
I said pulling away from him. I dont know why I'm giving him such a hard time, guess I'm just not feeling how he ignored me last night.

"Who was that? That you was with last night? " Rakim questioned

How did he know I was with someone last night. He went in the house before Brandon even arrived.