6| New Things

Skylar POV

I sat on the couch watching Foxy Brown, the movie me and my mom was supposed to watch.
I aways admired old school movies, they thereafter seethes dope but Foxy Brown was my favorite. I liked hay he was fierce, unapologetic, and powerful.

I decided to text Brandon, I hadn't spoken to him since school.

Did you make it home?
Sent 10:13pm

•••

It was now 10:26 and he still hasn't texted back.
I just threw my phone on the couch.
I hadn't forgot about that party. I had already told him that I'd go and at that moment it didn't seem like a big deal but now that the time has come a wave is starting of anxiety has rushed over me.
I decided that it was time for me to stop making excuses and try new things.

•••

When I got out the shower, I looked at the time to see that it was now 10:48pm and I had a text from Brandon. I didn't even bother to look at it. I just continued to get ready.

I decided to where my black crop top, camo cargos and my favorite pair of high top black vans.
I applied my favorite lipstick and love spell perfume and headed out.

As I'm waking down the street I realized that he actually lives about 6 Brownstones from me.
He may be a bit too close for comfort.

I came to the door and could hear Cardi B - Bodak Yellow blaring through the walls.

I knocked hard to make sure I was heard.
A guy with shaves sides, dreads, and a birth mark on his face opened the door.

"Damn."
He said lowly. He stood in the way for a second just looking at me until I invited myself in.

The smell of alcohol and weed hit me instantly making me a bit nauseous.

I moved through the crowd looking for Rakim since he invited me and he was basically the only one here that I was familiar with.
I didn't see him so I just made my way to the kitchen to get something to drink.

Everything was purple and what was clear I knew for a fact wasn't water. I just stood there contemplating which one I should try.

"I got some kool-aid jammers in the fridge if you want one."

I jumped like a kid who just got caught doing something they ain't supposed to be doing. I turned to see Rakim with a smirk on his face...

"I see you came. You look... nice"
he complimented

"Uh yea, thanks. Cool party."
I said trying to make casual conversation

"Trippy ain't it? What took you so long?"
He questioned

"I had some thing's to do before heading over.. I know you wasn't waiting on me was you?"
I asked with a slight smile on my face.

He scrunched up his face and licked his lips

"Of Course not.. you ain't that cute, I was just wondering but anyways ain't you out past ya curfew? Don't you got school stuff to do tomorrow? "
he asked in a mocking manner

I found it very humorous that he damn near begged me to come to this party now he tryna play me about being here.

"I'm a big girl, I can handle this party and school tomorrow thank you very much. "
I said throwing him a fake smile.

"What grade you in anyway?"
He asked

"What's it to you? "
I questioned

"I'm curious.."
He said with a big grin

"I'm a senior, you happy now? "

"For now.."
He said winking his eye at me and raising his cup to his lips.

I can't deny how attractive he is, there's no doubt about that but, there's a underlying mystery about him. I know I barely know him but I just feel that I shouldn't get involved with him. Maybe it was because Brandon told me he's a drug dealer. I just feel like I should stay away but it's no sense in leaving now. Might as well enjoy the night even if it is with a drug dealer.

Please Feel free to vote, voice your thoughts/comments and Share 💕