15| Demons

Skylar POV

I had just got off the bus and was now at the location where Carti wanted me to meet him but he wasn't here.
I just looked around for a bit to see if I could spot him but he was nowhere to be found so I decided to call him. It rang once then went to voice mail.
I began to get frustrated. Just when I was about to lose my shit a hand grabbed mines.

"Where were you?"

"Inside. Did you come alone? " Carti Asked me

"Yea.. "

"You sure? "

"Yes I'm sure. "

He then led me inside a building. The man at the reception nodded his head and we kept going. Once inside, the place was filled with African American Art. Everything was very beautiful and antique filled with ancient ancestry. I began to roam freely once he let my hand go but my journey was short lived because he called for me so I made my way back to him. I grabbed both straps of my back pack awaiting for his explanation.

"I'm in some deep shit and I don't know who else to talk to. I feel like you're the perfect person because you don't know me and I don't know you but somehow I feel like I can trust you.. Can I? "

"Yea man, why not" I responded

"Aight so right now my people is probably mad trippin because I ain't hit that big lick with them so I know Rocky be lurking so of all people you cannot tell him what I'm about to tell you.. Ok? Like you have to promise "

He looked at me with pleading eyes and I knew he wouldn't continue unless I verbally agreed .

"Alright I promise"

" Alright so I'm in the MOB, we do everything as a whole. So last week we had a real big heist but I didn't go because I got  myself into some deep shit.. "

He began to pace and squeeze his hands together.

"What happened? What did you do? " I was beginning to get anxious and worried

"I killed somebody" He said looking at me with fear all over his face.

I was afraid too

"W-why? "

"This guy he tried to play me.. I was out that morning selling, about to seal the deal.. About to sell a whole brick, my first brick all by myself when this nigga decided that he was gonna snatch my shit and run off with the money. That shit is worth $30,000 and I was gone lose the money, drugs and my life if he got away.. so I shot him. I ain't never killed nobody before but its like he knew.. Like he knew that it was my first time. Rocky only let me sell nickel and dime bags and occasionally crack but not the big shit where the real money is at. So I decided to try with someone who would let me try it out. So the whole reason why he cant know is for one I was doing deals outside of the MOB's knowledge and permission and two, I've committed a murder and I ain't wanna tell nobody. I ain't talked to them in like a whole week and haven't really been home either. " he finished off.

He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked down, I guess to avoid my stare- letting his dreads fall over his face.

I didn't know what to say or how to comfort him

"..Are you ok? "

"No, I'm fucking scared "

I slowly walked over to him and embraced him in a hug. I was scared for him but I didn't wanna shake him up no more than what he already was. To my surprise he hugged back-Tightly.

"Look don't worry about it.. It's been a week and nothing has happened, I bet everybody is worried sick about you. " I said, rubbing his back

I felt him nod his head. I pulled away and looked at him

"I think you should go home and call everybody to tell them what happened and that you're ok. I'm sure they'll understand and even help you. This isn't something that you can cope with alone. "

"Yea you right. It's hard to deal with, that shit fucked me up. I barely even sleep just been running. But I can't out run him.. I see him all the time" He explained bothered by the whole ordeal

"Look, don't let that man haunt you! He had intentions to rob you and if you'd let that happen you wouldn't been killed so technically he would of killed you if you hadn't killed him. Only difference is that you didn't have bad intentions. Just let it go.. It's over, just another nigga dead in the projects is how the cops will see it"

He just nodded his head and listened

I then felt my phone vibrating. I had a text from Brandon. I had missed my first 2 periods already

"Hey I gotta go.. You gonna be ok? "

"Yea.. Thank you, you a real friend"

I smiled at him

"We're... Friends? "

"Yea why not? "He questioned

"Cool.. Well I'll see you around- Be careful "

He grabbed me for another hug catching me off guard. He let me go then just walked away.

I exited the building and made my way to school. I really shouldn't even go seeing that half the day was gonna be over once I made it there. But better late then never I guess.

Please feel free to vote, share and voice your comments 💕