1: Changing Strategies

Start from the beginning

We got to the cafeteria and luckily it was empty. I was hungry and drunk and in serious need to sober up. We sat down in one of the tables in the middle and the bright light burnt my eyes. I got up and walked over to a vending machine. I went back to the table with a bag of Doritos and a coke.

"You're not hungry?" I asked once I was in front of her. She shook her head no and shrugged and opened the bag and started eating.

She was looking at me attentively, I almost felt like she was just reading through me.

"So..." she said uncomfortable. I looked at her and smiled.

"So, what made you go to that party?" She looked around, nervous and then focused on her hands.

"I... I was supposed to meet with one of my friends but she left earlier with some guy" I raised my eyebrow but she didn't look up.

"That's rude of your friend" I said with a serious tone. How can her friend leave her behind on her first party?

"Yeah, but I really didn't care" she shrugged and folded her hands on the table but I took them and opened them on the table. I started playing with her fingers.

"Why do you get so late to parties?" She asked talking really fast. I looked at her still with her finger in my hand.

"I usually start down at the frat house and then we go to the party but most of time it's just so people don't think we're complete douches. Not to brag or anything but we throw the best parties" I smiled proudly. She giggled looking at me.

"I wouldn't know, I've never been to one" She remarked. I nodded and took her hand and placed it on top of mine. She looked at our hands and smiled. This trick always works.

"Right" I said thinking about something to make her talk about her "but let's talk about you" this is the dorkiest line ever but it has to work with her. She looked at me and her eyes seemed worried. Was she insecure? Or was she just nervous to be around me?

"Mmm, I study computer science and I work for the newspaper sometimes" she blushed and I couldn't help but smile. She was adorably nerdy.

"I knew those things" I confessed with a smile. She looked surprised and winked at her "you don't go as unnoticed as you think you do" she blushed again. I smiled picturing her blushing after I kiss her.

Suddenly the door flew open, whoever opened it pushed it really hard. I jumped and looked behind me. It was a couple kissing and walking in backwards. They stopped when they noticed we were there.

"Hi Blake" the girl, Traycee said with a smile. What a whore, she was with a guy and was eying me.

Her companion was hitting the vending machines trying to get a drink out.

"Hey Tray" I got up and helped the guy out. They ran out.

"I wish they had vending machines with condoms in them" Tina whispered looking at her fingers.

"What?" I asked wanting to hear her smart mouth saying that again. I sat down again.

"Nothing" she answered looking at my t-shirt.