Chapter Twenty Four: Bad Stomach Bug

Depuis le début

“Niall was happy to hear that you’re doing fine.” She says once I slip under the covers of the hospital bed. “He seemed an emotional wreck, he hasn’t left that corridor since you guys came in.”

“Yeah, I bet.” I say looking around the room once again, avoiding Claudia’s eyes.

“The others were relieved too.” She continues. “They’re all out there, biting their nails and chewing their lips. They’re worried for you.”

“The others?” I ask, finally making eye contact with Claudia.

“Yeah, the other 4 boys in that band. To be honest they are all an emotional wreck.” I smile at this, I actually smile as I realise that after only knowing these boys for a short amount of time they already care so much for me. “I can send them all in, I’ll tell them to not be too over whelming.” Claudia laughs as she swivelles around a little more on her chair.

“I actually don’t know. What if seeing Niall again sets things off and I blank out again. I don’t want to put him through that.” I play with the hospital sheets, my hand beginning to shake.

“That might happen, but I’ll be right beside you, I’ll work you through it. I will help you, I promise.”

“Alright, just Niall for now though.” I say looking at the door. Claudia claps her hands and walks to the door. Leaving the room for a minute and then returning with a worried looking Niall. Once he spots me awake he smiles and his face softens.

“Ellie…” He whispers although I can still hear him. Slowly they make their way over to me and as Niall gets closer I let a smile take over. His smile brightens and melts my heart.

“Hi Niall.” I say as he sits by my bed, taking my hand in his.

“How are you?” He asks rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

“Would you believe me if I said fine?” I say putting my other hand over the two of ours. “Because I think I am fine. I mean it’s bumpy and all but I’ll be fine-“ I’m interrupted as Nialls lips cover mine in a short and sweet kiss. He pulls away with the sweetest smile I have ever seen.

“As long as you feel and will be fine.” He says kissing my hand softly.

The next 6 days go quickly. Niall visits me once or twice a day and the other boys sometimes come along with him. I decide against telling my mum about this incident, she would freak if she knew. Claudia being the only member of staff I see, she wasn’t always with me but whenever she had a break or had a session with me she would pay so much attention to me. We went over the importance of feeling different emotions and she made me relive quite a few of them. Once my ‘horror’ finished we went out for many walks around the hospital, once going out to the gardens. She got me to tell her as many stories as I could, most of them revolving around the time I over dosed. I remembered why the hate was coming at me, I was a bitch yeah but it was because I wasn’t the skinniest, prettiest girl around. I can admit I wasn’t then but I guess after that I made sure I was fit again. That wasn’t it though, I was a good student although my main attention wasn’t school, other girls were jealous that I was always getting the teachers attention and getting top marks. It made me feel a lot better to remember the hate, Claudia even taught me how to deal with hate. One of the exercises I did was log into Twitter and read my mentions. A few made me cry and every now and then I snapped but Claudia was right there to help me.

“You’re all set to go.” Claudia said as she came back into my room. I was already dressed and I couldn’t wait to leave.

“You know if you weren’t a nurse you would be a councillor. Thank you so much Claudia, without you I would be a wreck.” I go up and hug her so tightly.

“Aww, anytime Ellie. Hey Niall got you a new phone, he discovered what happened to your old one. Here” She hands me the new iPhone and all I can do is grin. “He got it a while ago but I didn’t want to give it you, it would be a distraction! Anyways I’ve already put my number in so call me at any time and I’ll be right there on the other line to talk to you. Good luck Ellie and I hope to meet again sometime.” Claudia’s face drops. “SORRY!!! Not like that, I don’t want to see you hospitalised again, no way!” I laugh, shaking my head.

“I know what you meant. I will call you, I promise that I’ll keep you updated. Bye Claudia.” I wrap my arms around her again, this time not as tight. We say our final goodbyes and I finally leave that hospital room. Niall jumps out of his seat as he see’s me and leads me out to a waiting car.

On the way to his house we just talk casually, Niall gives me kisses every now and then and seems to always ask if I’m alright. I smile the whole way back and once I see the familiar house I get excited to sleep in a proper comfy bed again. I excuse myself as I hug my diary to my chest and make my way to ‘my’ bedroom. I sit on the bed and open up to a new page.

I’m going to be alright, I have Niall by my side and Claudia just a phone call away. I’ve learned to control the way I react to hate and how to live a normal life again. I’m excited to be the best I can be and to have a second chance at life. Thankfully Niall doesn’t know about my past, the only bad thing out of all of this is that media saw me coming out of the hospital, hence why my mum just called me, asking what was going on; with Niall and the hospital. I had to explain some things to her but not everything, I only told her that I had a bad stomach bug and that was all. I don’t think she bought it but she didn’t seem bothered, she pushed for me to come and see my dad but as usual I said no to that. Well bye.